Wayne Reittie

RogerT

I would like to wish Wayne all the very best at Hunslet.

It was a joy watching you play and some of the tries you scored where exquisite. 

Never less than 101% for Batley, a large presence around the club and no doubt already the same round Hunslet. Don't be a stranger when game days are different pal.

I thought he has already signed for Hunslet , I did not realise he was on loan from us,

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

yes he played in the pre season friendlies if I remember correctly then couldn't get in the team, so he and two others went out on loan to Hunslet.

He is too good a player to be sidelined week in week out.

He must be enjoying life there so you can't blame him.

He will be missed.

• 3 weeks later...

Any statisticians out there know where Wayne's 89 tries place him on the all-time Batley list? Less than Linners, Tommo and JC but I would imagine still in the top 10 all-time list.  If he is up there in the top 10 it would be a shame if this wasn't recognised in some way. His departure was very low key and in my opinion he deserved a much bigger send off and thank you from the club.

Archived