Jump to content

Montpellier Sharks


fcl
 Share

Recommended Posts


I sincerely believe that this man is sick with mythomania and megalomania. I blame the people who allowed this more than this person who should have been unmasked a long time ago.
besides, did he really play for Rochdale Hornets and Newcastle Thunder? Did we verify that he had solid support to embark on this adventure? A lot of question remains unanswered but personally I blame the media and the federation for having encouraged this man in his delirium.

  • Sad 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, fcl said:

I sincerely believe that this man is sick with mythomania and megalomania. I blame the people who allowed this more than this person who should have been unmasked a long time ago.
besides, did he really play for Rochdale Hornets and Newcastle Thunder? Did we verify that he had solid support to embark on this adventure? A lot of question remains unanswered but personally I blame the media and the federation for having encouraged this man in his delirium.

Toulouse also according to his Facebook. I feel sorry for the players especially the imports. It's not the first time he's brought players to France but had nothing lined up for them or money to pay them. At least this time the players only cam from the UK, last time it was four Australians that luckily got picked up by other clubs. I heard a story about his short time at Rochdale and London skolars 😁

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fcl said:

I sincerely believe that this man is sick with mythomania and megalomania. I blame the people who allowed this more than this person who should have been unmasked a long time ago.
besides, did he really play for Rochdale Hornets and Newcastle Thunder? Did we verify that he had solid support to embark on this adventure? A lot of question remains unanswered but personally I blame the media and the federation for having encouraged this man in his delirium.

Serious question, why would anyone pretend to have funds to set up a small Elite 2 team - what would the purpose of that be? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Serious question, why would anyone pretend to have funds to set up a small Elite 2 team - what would the purpose of that be? 

I know nothing about the person in question.  But sadly it seems quite a few chancers have appeared on the RL scene in recent years.  People who it seems do not have the required experience to be undertaking such ventures and it seems do not have both feet on the ground.  So many ideas often sound great in theory, but are a very different story in practice.

I have no problem with ambition, I admire it, but it needs to be backed up by substance and realistic planning.  I am always wary of new ventures that appear "abruptly" on the scene and start making more noise than action.  Even with the backing of a sugar daddy (which is rarely the case), it is an incredibly tough task, setting something up from scratch.

In any case, I am all for exposing these types of people and keeping the next ones that come along as far from possible away from our sport as they do more harm than good and often leave a trail of destruction behind, after the disappear like a thief in the night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Serious question, why would anyone pretend to have funds to set up a small Elite 2 team - what would the purpose of that be? 

That's what lots of people can't understand over here, he wanted to go directly into elite 1 at the beginning but the old ffr xiii president put them in the third division, the new president believed his lies and out them in elite 2 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, barnyia said:

That's what lots of people can't understand over here, he wanted to go directly into elite 1 at the beginning but the old ffr xiii president put them in the third division, the new president believed his lies and out them in elite 2 

What’s the fellas name mate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

That's what lots of people can't understand over here, he wanted to go directly into elite 1 at the beginning but the old ffr xiii president put them in the third division, the new president believed his lies and out them in elite 2 

Hopefully all part of the learning experience for the current regime, we all make mistakes. Luc Lacoste has said he wants a 12 team Elite 1 so pushing a brash and confident sounding Montpellier Sharks up the pyramid must have been tempting. The true test of good leadership will be to see what lessons are being learned.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/10/2021 at 23:29, Number 16 said:

And I sometimes (though decreasingly) wonder why RL is now only a peripheral part of my life.

A dying sport.

 

If you have better things to do go ans do it 

 

I hope to go 30 rugby league live games in 2022

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...