Interesting news for wakey's 3 teams

tms

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Hmmm. You’ve hedged it there, chief!

Again, from experience, I know these things can be partially open - yet incomplete - by the scheduled date. As, indeed, your question implies 😉

I was just trying to tie down a definition of completion. Trying to  cut down your wiggle room, as it were.

If everything is done but sponsors boards are  not fixed until the first week in August then that could be a get out clause. 

Shall we say some kind of official opening/ribbon cutting before the end of July 2023?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

I was just trying to tie down a definition of completion. Trying to  cut down your wiggle room, as it were.

If everything is done but sponsors boards are  not fixed until the first week in August then that could be a get out clause. 

Shall we say some kind of official opening/ribbon cutting before the end of July 2023?

This bloke is a complete chancer, he knows nothing and has probably only ever been involved in building a garden shed. He's full of it.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Any idea if Wakey will use temporary seating as Leeds did whilst construction goes on behind? A whole side of a ground is a lot to lose for a season.

Not really, the old east stand and terrace only held 3k but was rarely anywhere near that in occupation. BV holds 7.4 k at present, so that leaves 4,5k but with some extra seating that will be about 5. Means we lose out on maybe 2 games on last years figures, a small price to pay for a 50% modernisation of the ground. At the end of the day sacrifices have to be made.

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Not really, the old east stand and terrace only held 3k but was rarely anywhere near that in occupation. BV holds 7.4 k at present, so that leaves 4,5k but with some extra seating that will be about 5. Means we lose out on maybe 2 games on last years figures, a small price to pay for a 50% modernisation of the ground. At the end of the day sacrifices have to be made.

MC will have worked out the difference of minus 1k on a couple of games and renting at Dewsbury 

15 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Its you're only seated part of the ground though?

1 minute ago, dboy said:

Enough seating will go in (temporarily), to meet ST demand, with a bit of extra capacity for away fans too.

That's what I was expecting (its what we did at Leeds too). The poster I was asking the question of was equating all attendees, seating and standing, which I thought was flawed.

Archived