Jump to content

London Broncos Squad 2022


Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That may be so but it appears a long time off. 

https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/club-update-close-season-2022/

A case of watch this space i think.

The beauty of the ground for me is there are 2 railway stations within walking distance of the ground The grounds location on a main road and regular bus services going past the ground either going to Gravesend or Dartford. That old wooden stand on the Thames river side needs to be replaced without a doubt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Well said, get out of Wimbledon and over to Kent - train service good from north or south

Yes, absolutely. One game with an attendance better than the abysmal gates at Wimbledon, and yet still apparently lower than those at Ealing, is all the evidence needed to uproot the club once more and move to a stadium in Kent. Are you David Hughes by any chance?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

Ebbsfleet United’s stadium really isn’t a good look for any club who has said they have a five year plan to be back in Super League, it’s even worse when you consider the modern stadia they’d be leaving for a ground that’s not the best. 

Plough Lane would be a great ground if they had the fans to follow. A London team needs to play most of their games in London with one or two taken on the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

Ebbsfleet United’s stadium really isn’t a good look for any club who has said they have a five year plan to be back in Super League, it’s even worse when you consider the modern stadia they’d be leaving for a ground that’s not the best. 

The capacity at Ebbsfleet is under the requirement for Super League.

It's an absolute non-starter for any club that is serious about promotion at any point.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

The capacity at Ebbsfleet is under the requirement for Super League.

It's an absolute non-starter for any club that is serious about promotion at any point.

Gillingham would be better but Broncos need to build their support first before considering that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NW10LDN said:

Gillingham would be better but Broncos need to build their support first before considering that.

Gillingham is Kent though. I mean, fine for a team called Kent but, with the best will in the world, it's not appropriate for London.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

Plough Lane would be a great ground if they had the fans to follow. A London team needs to play most of their games in London with one or two taken on the road.

I agree but most grounds aren’t suitable stadiums because the club itself isn’t suitable. Venues of the size of Ealing and Ebbsfleet are more befitting the current guise of the Broncos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Gillingham is Kent though. I mean, fine for a team called Kent but, with the best will in the world, it's not appropriate for London.

I mean for the one round they want to hold in Kent which seems to be a new thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

I mean for the one round they want to hold in Kent which seems to be a new thing.

Ah, understood.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/07/2022 at 16:48, Jughead said:

I agree but most grounds aren’t suitable stadiums because the club itself isn’t suitable. Venues of the size of Ealing and Ebbsfleet are more befitting the current guise of the Broncos. 

I suppose there are reasons that we are not being told about for not going back to Ealing then?

Personally I would rather we stayed in place and I thought Ealing was a pretty good venue for us. I said at the time we should of signed up for another 5 or 10 years there. I genuinely don’t see the logic in continually moving these long distances every 2 or 3 years . Is there something that I am missing?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

I suppose there are reasons that we are not being told about for not going back to Ealing then?

Personally I would rather we stayed in place and I thought Ealing was a pretty good venue for us. I said at the time we should of signed up for another 5 or 10 years there. I genuinely don’t see the logic in continually moving these long distances every 2 or 3 years . Is there something that I am missing?

The link is our chairman, who seems to ###### off his landlords every 2-3 years, meaning we have to yet again move.  We won't be at PL in 2024 - 2025 as by then it will be obvious 750-800 home attendance will not pay for the rent on 3 grounds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/07/2022 at 11:07, crashmon said:

The link is our chairman, who seems to ###### off his landlords every 2-3 years, meaning we have to yet again move.  We won't be at PL in 2024 - 2025 as by then it will be obvious 750-800 home attendance will not pay for the rent on 3 grounds

It is baffling 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...