London Broncos Squad 2022

3 minutes ago, newbe said:

Interesting to see who will takes over the asylum? Dare say there will be some one who thinks they can do it. Will they pay the coin to get a coach down from up North or even Oz.

They had an excellent coach in Danny Ward but sacked him. They had a very good young coach in Tom Tsang who was respected by the players and he didn't even get as much as a thank you before they brought Coleman in. When you treat people badly word gets around so I think they will really struggle to get a quality coach in 

On a hiding to nothing really, the move to part-time meant many moved on and where they attracted players from the north previously, that can’t really be done anymore so the player pool he had to work with was really at a League One level. 

Was always going to happen after that Whitehaven game.Be hard to get a replacement in for this season unless they willing to spend the money .Interestingly, Coleman's brother is the assistant, is he gone aswell I'd imagine ? 

They are a decent team,I've said it all along.Been in every game this year with the chance to win (bar the Leigh game) .The tactics have just been all wrong,positional plays all wrong,interchanges all wrong and that is from the coach not the players. 

A loss to Workington, make the relegation battle a real fight to get out of if even possible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Confirmed and they’re now looking for “a full time coach” according to the statement. 

They just seem to be changing like the wind, maybe it's the board should change, it all starts from the top.

• Like 2

how long as David Hughes "The Oligarch" funded the London Broncos war machine now?

Seriously he couldn't run a raffle. How does he decided who's playing by picking the numbers on a Bingo card?

Time to sell to someone in the know.

• Like 1

Interesting to hear on the Premier Sports commentary of the Sheffield v Widnes game, Andrew Henderson stated that an announcement of which club he'll be at for the next two seasons would be made before the end of the week 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Not seen anything formal but some media outlets are reporting Jermaine Coleman has been sacked.

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2022/05/24/club-statement-jermaine-and-jy-mel-coleman/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Interesting to hear on the Premier Sports commentary of the Sheffield v Widnes game, Andrew Henderson stated that an announcement of which club he'll be at for the next two seasons would be made before the end of the week 

Interesting

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I'm not surprised

23 hours ago, Jughead said:

On a hiding to nothing really, the move to part-time meant many moved on and where they attracted players from the north previously, that can’t really be done anymore so the player pool he had to work with was really at a League One level. 

The issue that should have raised alarm bells though was the number of promising Broncos youngsters who simply moved to other Championship part time clubs in the off season............that told a story in itself

• Like 3

On 25/05/2022 at 09:57, DoubleD said:

The issue that should have raised alarm bells though was the number of promising Broncos youngsters who simply moved to other Championship part time clubs in the off season............that told a story in itself

Yes and that fact makes the move to Wimbledon all the more baffling.

Carcassonnes' Australian  half back Brook Pelligra heading for London Broncos after winning the French Elite 1 title last weekend. Italian back-ground so may be looking at a World Cup opening.

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, firstly, good on Mike Eccles bringing in some of the academy players!

This should have been done before the season, as I indicated back in early March on this thread, and with others too, both before & since! However, IMHO, we wasted our time, and training, employing numerous 'outside' players! It was largely doomed from the start!

Mike Eccles is now doing what should have been the case well before the season, building a team that could have gelled, and been ready. JC totally failed in that respect, IMHO!

The Bronco's website says that several home-grown academy players will be making their senior debut today as part of interim head coach Mike Eccles’s plan to refresh the squad. Eccles described the move as “exciting” and expressed his pride at seeing the club’s academy players develop...“Some Broncos’ academy players will make their debut on Sunday which should help to freshen the team up It’s really exciting to see home grown academy players come up through the squad and get the chance to play for the first time."

I just hope that it isn't too late, but I have total support for Mike and the lads!

Better late than never! Good luck! It was the right move, regardless of how we do today!

Edited by acersaccharum
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, acersaccharum said:

OK, firstly, good on Mike Eccles bringing in some of the academy players!

This should have been done before the season, as I indicated back in early March on this thread, and with others too, both before & since! However, IMHO, we wasted our time, and training, employing numerous 'outside' players! It was largely doomed from the start!

Mike Eccles is now doing what should have been the case well before the season, building a team that could have gelled, and been ready. JC totally failed in that respect, IMHO!

The Bronco's website says that several home-grown academy players will be making their senior debut today "as part of interim head coach Mike Eccles’s plan to refresh the squad. Eccles described the move as “exciting” and expressed his pride at seeing the club’s academy players develop...“Some Broncos’ academy players will make their debut on Sunday which should help to freshen the team up It’s really exciting to see home grown academy players come up through the squad and get the chance to play for the first time."

I just hope that it isn't too late, but I have total support for Mike and the lads!

Better late than never?!

Hopefully the youngens do well.

Think it has more to do with the injury toll and lack of depth as being the reason as to why.Cant see much of a positive putting 17-18 year old kids up against a seasoned team like York.Pauli Pauli be licking his lips !

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Hopefully the youngens do well.

Think it has more to do with the injury toll and lack of depth as being the reason as to why.Cant see much of a positive putting 17-18 year old kids up against a seasoned team like York.Pauli Pauli be licking his lips !

Fair call Cowboy, and I agree with a lot of what you say. However, as I stated, it should have been done well before the season started. Yes, sadly, it's probably too late now, but, when do you start?! It's a difficult question, but, IMHO, this is the direction we need to take now, so largely a mix of experience and youth, otherwise what's the point of the academy anyway.

• Like 2

I said way back that there were no pre season matches that carried any weight, Coleman brought in mates and players he’d seen do well against him at skolars! He did a real number on the squad and then Hughes keeping him as long as he did has bee so detrimental! I honestly believe if they had gone before Newcastle the outcomes would now be showing but Mike has an uphill battle! Given the performance  today though it is really encouraging and think we should be looking at how we continue to build further - first job is to lose all those players who are not interested as just dead wood! 

• Like 2

Just now, Archie Gordon said:

Sure.

Name them.

All those who walk off not giving a damn about the loss - in particular at Workington.

I don’t need to name them as I trust Mike and believe the selection will speak for itself when players are fit again 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

This

? Not sure what the comment was but want to believe that everyone on this thread wants broncos to succeed otherwise why would you be bothered? It’s been clear from matches that we are in the mix and just wish they had gelled earlier and those who were not feeling it had walked away 

Edited by watcherofRL

I think most of the so called 'dead wood' is gone.

However,a few injuries in the squad and it was always going to be real thin.To take York at home all the way to the wire and lead for 95% of the game is a fantastic result when missing starters like  Albert,Lovell,Curran,Gahan,Moicidreke and Grant.

Looks a though one sub was unused and a sinbinning in the final 10 must not have helped.

Upcoming Dewsbury and Widness games are huge.Two defeats there and I think it's relegation wrapped up for Broncos.

• Like 3

Excellent! 18-26 win for London against The Rams!

Well done to Mike Eccles and the team!

As expected, some very nice play from the ex academy lads on the team, but, of course, the other guys too!

As I've said before, I sincerely hope it's all not too late, but there is no doubt in my mind that the change, clearly, sadly, late, is providing a new spark in the lads!

Go on to the next one with your heads held high, and with all the best from, I'm sure, those that always had faith with what's possible, with the right leadership & team !

Edited by acersaccharum
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...