'22 fixtures

You would think that those who input the fixtures would have some consideration of teams in close proximity in respect of the home and away format.

A quick look through the fixtures for Leigh East and Leigh Miners has them coinciding each week by both club's either being at Home or Away, I regularly attend both club's and not surprisingly there are many of the same faces in attendance at both venues, in this day and age when attendances are not what they used to be you would think that the club's would be given as much assistance as possible to entice people through the gates, over the season there will be a lot of those who would have attended when the other team is away.

I am not having it that in today's computer systems that algorithm filter systems could not have been inputted into the programme systems to avoid and best sort out a way to maximize attendances for close proximity club's, all it required was a little thought process but this is Rugby League and foresight doesn't seem to mesh well.

On 01/01/2022 at 10:39, Harry Stottle said:

You would think that those who input the fixtures would have some consideration of teams in close proximity in respect of the home and away format.

A quick look through the fixtures for Leigh East and Leigh Miners has them coinciding each week by both club's either being at Home or Away, I regularly attend both club's and not surprisingly there are many of the same faces in attendance at both venues, in this day and age when attendances are not what they used to be you would think that the club's would be given as much assistance as possible to entice people through the gates, over the season there will be a lot of those who would have attended when the other team is away.

I am not having it that in today's computer systems that algorithm filter systems could not have been inputted into the programme systems to avoid and best sort out a way to maximize attendances for close proximity club's, all it required was a little thought process but this is Rugby League and foresight doesn't seem to mesh well.

Happens to Cumbrian teams regularly.

I agree their fixtures clash in most , but not all, weekends.

That said ---

All clubs had draft fixtures sent to them with 14 days allowed  for comment / alteration before being issued as final. Your issue was not as I understand it raised then . The computer and Alan its controller have 46 other  clubs to help ,many with potential local fixture clashes of their own over a season

All clubs by arrangement with their opponents can  agree friday night/ sunday kick offs and kick off times  for those weekends. Saturday afternoon at 2.30 is simply the default spot ( though it suits most and certainly the media )  Fridays are in fact becoming ever more popular and the Miners themselves have certainly pushed them in recent years.

In quality terms though remember  three divisions actually separate these two clubs  Both have reserves to watch with first class rugby on offer within a few minutes travel from other NCL and NWML outfits as well.

You won't be spoiled for choice Harry. You could even travel.... and  before that - Miners at home on 15th Jan  to Milford should suit  you whilst my local fix  ( all of course still subject to this damn virus ) will be Orrell St James v the Army.

On 04/01/2022 at 14:53, del capo said:

I agree their fixtures clash in most , but not all, weekends.

That said ---

All clubs had draft fixtures sent to them with 14 days allowed  for comment / alteration before being issued as final. Your issue was not as I understand it raised then . The computer and Alan its controller have 46 other  clubs to help ,many with potential local fixture clashes of their own over a season

All clubs by arrangement with their opponents can  agree friday night/ sunday kick offs and kick off times  for those weekends. Saturday afternoon at 2.30 is simply the default spot ( though it suits most and certainly the media )  Fridays are in fact becoming ever more popular and the Miners themselves have certainly pushed them in recent years.

In quality terms though remember  three divisions actually separate these two clubs  Both have reserves to watch with first class rugby on offer within a few minutes travel from other NCL and NWML outfits as well.

You won't be spoiled for choice Harry. You could even travel.... and  before that - Miners at home on 15th Jan  to Milford should suit  you whilst my local fix  ( all of course still subject to this damn virus ) will be Orrell St James v the Army.

Are the army serving Fijians who are playing professional rugby (Both codes) allowed to turn out for the army? 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 hour ago, del capo said:

No reason why not . It's an open competition.

If logistics allow it they will be formidable....

I was just wondering, I know in the past service personal were allowed to sign for a amateur club as well as their arm of the forces.

On 01/01/2022 at 10:39, Harry Stottle said:

For an example how hard it is to formulate a full fixture list for your division, have a go yourself just for fun, then do it for the other three divisions and see if you can sort it out so no one will moan, you may then appreciate the task that that person has in hand.

On 14/01/2022 at 09:52, Marauder said:

For an example how hard it is to formulate a full fixture list for your division, have a go yourself just for fun, then do it for the other three divisions and see if you can sort it out so no one will moan, you may then appreciate the task that that person has in hand.

Off course I know and respect how hard that could be for a mental exercise to accomplish, but we are living in 2022 and we have these fancy things called computers which in turn have many dedicated programs that can do the job for you, just to turn an often used phrase on its head, it is rocket science and we have it at hand to utilise. It won't satisfy all 100% but it will make it much more accommodating.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Off course I know and respect how hard that could be for a mental exercise to accomplish, but we are living in 2022 and we have these fancy things called computers which in turn have many dedicated programs that can do the job for you, just to turn an often used phrase on its head, it is rocket science and we have it at hand to utilise. It won't satisfy all 100% but it will make it much more accommodating.

Wonderful things are computers, and I'm sure the .33333333333333 comes out a lot in calculations even though you get out what you put in, I dare say they already have a formula that is used every season, a simple 1 to 10 equals teams in alphabetical order, but then we start playing around with local derbies, cups, requested moved fixtures then you get a mish mash and I suspect the reason why NCL clubs pulled out of BARLA organised local, county, BARLA cups.

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Wonderful things are computers, and I'm sure the .33333333333333 comes out a lot in calculations even though you get out what you put in, I dare say they already have a formula that is used every season, a simple 1 to 10 equals teams in alphabetical order, but then we start playing around with local derbies, cups, requested moved fixtures then you get a mish mash and I suspect the reason why NCL clubs pulled out of BARLA organised local, county, BARLA cups.

I'm sure they try their best to keep as many people happy as possible- and remember they do try to cater for individual needs if  asked for.

The rest of the Community game ( and their own computers ) need the NCL fixtures out before filling in underneath-- with pitches at a premium -- That's why they need to be cemented in December.

Archived