Rapist rejoins Raith Rovers

18 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

I think he seems quite shocked by the reception the club got by the fallout from this. He seems genuinely sorry. 

He should be. 

And so we shall again…

3 hours ago, devonhawk said:

I think he seems quite shocked by the reception the club got by the fallout from this. He seems genuinely sorry. 

He should be. 

I'm not sure how genuine this "shock" can be. Before Christmas, Raith had let certain people - including major sponsor Val McDermid - know they were interested in signing the player. McDermid - and others, apparently - told the club exactly what the response would be. But Raith went ahead anyway.

When Clyde signed the player, five years ago, a number of objections were voiced, by supporters and sponsors, amongst others. Not as many or as well publicised as those now, partly because Clyde are part-time small fry and partly because the public mood with regard to sex offenders was slightly different back then. Some Clyde fans simply walked away from the club. Some away fans boycotted their club's games at Clyde.

• 2 weeks later...

Going well this.

Also, as with Raith, the entire Clyde women's team have just resigned.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Why can’t these clubs see it coming.

Because they just about got away with it a few years ago and haven't noticed that the world has moved on from even then.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived