Artificial pitches

Huddersfield's is a hybrid pitch I think.

At Leeds the sand underneath the pitch is reinforced with fibres but I think the actual surface on top of that is 100% grass although I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Yes it's the way forward that. 

Probably worth saying Dewsbury were able to lay that plastic pitch partly because a lifelong supporter - Christine Gooder - left them enough money in her will and partly because there was land available (did the club own it already?) next to their stadium.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1

Spotland has a hybrid system. 50% grass - 50% sand 🤣

On a related note, back in the normal-times I played a bit of masters. We used to train in a sports hall and play on grass. We switched to training on artificial grass with the rubber crumb in it - within a month six of us were out with knee problems. 

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Do any rugby league pitches use the hybrid system?

Didn't spot this thread earlier, but as said on the Fev v Leigh thread: Desso/hybrid pitches are the way forward. York's is like a carpet, and three football clubs have played on it right through the winter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Probably worth saying Dewsbury were able to lay that plastic pitch partly because a lifelong supporter - Christine Gooder - left them enough money in her will and partly because there was land available (did the club own it already?) next to their stadium.

Yep most dont have the luxury of that kind of space but 3g just lets you sweat the asset 365 days a year. 

Bradford used to be a stronghold of the Sealed Knot civil war re-enactment society. It also retains the Worth Valley (steam) Railway, Saltaire ... a World Hertage Site ... and founded the Leeds Liverpool Canal.

On Sunday, we were treated to a heritage game featuring fat blokes playing in terrible winter weather on the Odsal Bog.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police