Norwegian Youngsters to Make First RL Tour

3 hours ago, frank said:

Great news that. Apart from the French, have any kids from other countries  toured the UK?

I do not believe so. 

In fact, I believe exc. France, these are some of the youngest players on mainland Europe. 

I think the Czechs also did something with Saddleworth a few years ago at U12 or U14 level. But it was played in Czech. The fact the Norwegians are touring at such a young age is quite a significant step! Brago all round. 

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I think Ukraine or Serbia perhaps have

I don't think so. Both have a fair amount of youth activity. But I don't think either have toured UK. I know the visa process for non-EU nationals is a bit complicated, and not cheap either. So I would be very surprised if they ever toured. Plus I cannot recall either one touring UK, but stand to be corrected. 

What a great experience for them. An inspired initiative. For any country to hope to succeed in RL, they have to have kids playing and a pathway to keep them in the game. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived