Challenge Cup Final Entertainment

On 20/04/2022 at 12:58, Futtocks said:

In my experience, younger kids are a lot more open-minded about older bands/performers than their parents' generation* are about the current scene.

*who would furiously deny that they have turned into their parents, but do rather give it away with every opinion they utter about modern music.

A good point, typically well made, Futtocks.

I realise I am a complete oddity in the context of this forum and this thread, but to me, anything written after about the year 1650 is, of course, 'modern music'; my kids - not to mention Mrs WWD - think there is no hope for me!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, meast said:

While they're at it, could they not get the woman who PA announcer at Headingley for womens finals day to replace that horrible, shrieky bloke who usually does it?

Nope. He's the best in the business - the RFL (and Leeds) are lucky he was in RL first so still prioritises it over other sports.

2 minutes ago, meast said:

He's awful!

For some reason the national bodies of literally every major sport in the country think differently.

On 21/04/2022 at 19:25, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I realise I am a complete oddity in the context of this forum and this thread, but to me, anything written after about the year 1650 is, of course, 'modern music'; my kids - not to mention Mrs WWD - think there is no hope for me!

I still think the Sex Pistols are fresh and exciting and it's clear to me that the full time hooter for history sounded late afternoon on the 22nd August 1485.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

On 21/04/2022 at 19:25, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Unique not odd. 

GAA (which county) and early Anglican church music (Tallis not Purcell I presume) makes you a rare breed sir!

It is true that the current generation of twenty year olds look upon the music of the 80s and 90s in the same way my own viewed the 60s and my parents have for the 40s and 50s.

Back on thread. Who is this Alex Simmons they speak of?