Sponsoring a French Team

I really haven’t thought about this in great detail, it’s just popped into my head, but as so many people on this forum are keen on French RL developing would anyone be interested in grouping together and sponsoring a French team, maybe one in Elite 2, and helping them fund a youth system or something? No idea how we’d go about finding a suitable club, how many people would be interested or how much we could raise, but just putting it out there.  If it’s a ridiculous idea then say so 😅

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I really haven’t thought about this in great detail, it’s just popped into my head, but as so many people on this forum are keen on French RL developing would anyone be interested in grouping together and sponsoring a French team, maybe one in Elite 2, and helping them fund a youth system or something? No idea how we’d go about finding a suitable club, how many people would be interested or how much we could raise, but just putting it out there.  If it’s a ridiculous idea then say so 😅

I would. As with everything though, it's disposable income that would be an issue. I know an English guy who sponsors one at least player at TO. 

Helping out a youth team would be a really good idea, one not associated to an elite club. 

I've thought of doing it with my kids athletics club, but the FFA through money at them anyway

• Like 1

I’ve always liked the idea of putting some money into the game at international level to go towards development rather than paying for trips between nations to play games but never looked into the logistics of it and who or where. One day. 

An annual fund might be an idea with portions going to different areas, as agreed/voted on, so some could go to, say, a new club in the UK for equipment, a developing country, a youth set up away from the heartlands, sponsoring kit for a nation in its infancy etc. 

Edited by Jughead

If we could raise a grand even (which I think is possible) we could do loads of good stuff. Some French club with a youth set up but no money could probably do wonders with that, or Czech or Serbian or wherever. 

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If we could raise a grand even (which I think is possible) we could do loads of good stuff. Some French club with a youth set up but no money could probably do wonders with that, or Czech or Serbian or wherever. 

I'd be up for that.

I vote for Salon De Provence, Marseille or Lyon-Villebaune- Rhone, let's support a team outside the main areas of Aude and Perpignan

4 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I'd be up for that.

I vote for Salon De Provence, Marseille or Lyon-Villebaune- Rhone, let's support a team outside the main areas of Aude and Perpignan

Agreed it should be outside the core RL area. Montpellier have also re-started with youth teams, they’re quite active on Facebook. 

• Like 1

Amazingly I was just thinking about this the other day. However, my angle was different. There are plenty of very wealthy people in France and I thought some could be approached by the French Federation to sponsor a club. In return, they would get free tickets for matches for themselves and friends. If there are hospitality areas, they could have access to those etc. The amount would be based on the club's position in the various leagues and what they are able to offer in return. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion.