FIXTURE LIST

Just looking at the championship fixture list on the our league app according to that the championship are expected to play Thursday the 2nd  and Sunday the 5th of June , is this right ? Leigh have 3 games in 8 days ( appreciate there full time ) and fev 3 in 9 because of the 1895 cup , seems against player welfare with the majority been part time .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

Just looking at the championship fixture list on the our league app according to that the championship are expected to play Thursday the 2nd  and Sunday the 5th of June , is this right ? Leigh have 3 games in 8 days ( appreciate there full time ) and fev 3 in 9 because of the 1895 cup , seems against player welfare with the majority been part time .

The short turnaround between fixtures is seemingly only a problem when it applies to SL teams and their player's, it is only the Championship so it doesn't matter seems to be the order of the day, there were enough moans and groans on here over the Easter Schedule in SL.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The short turnaround between fixtures is seemingly only a problem when it applies to SL teams and their player's, it is only the Championship so it doesn't matter seems to be the order of the day, there were enough moans and groans on here over the Easter Schedule in SL.

Thats false chip on the shoulder stuff and you know it.

The reason it hasn't been widely discussed is because mast fans haven't noticed because there isn't as much interest. Simple as.

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just had another look and London have to travel to Workington for a 12.30pm kick off on Thursday then York 3.00pm Sunday , madness .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Ooh ar missus, that's a tad catty Tommy.

And saying problems only apply or get groans when they apply to Super League players isn't?

Deal with the facts H. Nobody here will advocate any professional players playing twice over a few days. Nobody has mentioned it regarding the Championship specifically because nobody, including Championship fans, has thought it specifically discussion worthy till now.

20 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

Just had another look and London have to travel to Workington for a 12.30pm kick off on Thursday then York 3.00pm Sunday , madness .

Not really. One way or another London to Workington is a long old day, and this way it means the London players get home before midnight and then can enjoy a couple of days of the Jubilee weekend before playing again on Sunday. I suspect London have also asked for away games so the Wimbledon pitch works can be done - they're relocating the following weekend too. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Not really. One way or another London to Workington is a long old day, and this way it means the London players get home before midnight and then can enjoy a couple of days of the Jubilee weekend before playing again on Sunday. I suspect London have also asked for away games so the Wimbledon pitch works can be done - they're relocating the following weekend too. 

I was going to break it down but haven’t the time but 28 hours travel and over a 1000 miles in 4 days plus 2 games of rugby is not condusive to the player welfare mantra. 

41 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And saying problems only apply or get groans when they apply to Super League players isn't?

Deal with the facts H. Nobody here will advocate any professional players playing twice over a few days. Nobody has mentioned it regarding the Championship specifically because nobody, including Championship fans, has thought it specifically discussion worthy till now.

Yes Tommy, but at the time of me putting up the first post in reply to the OP, it had been up 19hours and had some 140 views, so many read it but didn't thought it worth a comment, my case rests.

14 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

I was going to break it down but haven’t the time but 28 hours travel and over a 1000 miles in 4 days plus 2 games of rugby is not condusive to the player welfare mantra. 

Travelling is a drain on energy, but it's a cumulative effect rather than an immediate one, as I'm sure many people who've travelled a lot for work can attest. You can do it in short bursts without negative affects but keep doing it and it starts to take a toll. London have to play the games one way or another, so in isolation that weekend wouldn't be overly onerous. 

(2 games in 4 days is a separate issue. Nobody thinks it's good for players, but ALL the clubs insist on it for financial reasons). 

This bigger issues is that London have clearly asked to play away for 6 weeks running so pitch works can get done. For a geographical outpost club, that will start to have a cumulative negative affect on players which will surely be seen in results. 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

my case rests

I read it.

Thought I'd go and check.

Closed window and went and checked.

Forgot to come back to reply.

We do place far too many demands on our players. It's problematic for a professional sport that has yet to properly move away from gate revenue and TV contracts that require significant numbers of games but doesn't have the player pool (unlike, say, RU and cricket) that means players can be rotated and rested.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Champ clubs have had plenty of free weekends so far, clubs “could” have asked to rearrange to one of those I suppose.  I’m unsure on why they they chose this weekend instead of Easter for doubling up though