Is it really 49 years ago today ?????

Therein73

2 hours ago, Therein73 said:

19th May 1973 ...... Dewsbury RLFC ...... Rugby League Champions ..... "Best days of our lives ...... "Β  πŸ†πŸ†

I remember the day like it was yesterday, what a day, what a performance. Having followed Dewsbury for well over 50 years I've got to say that was the best Dewsbury side I've seen in my time following them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

I remember the day like it was yesterday, what a day, what a performance. Having followed Dewsbury for well over 50 years I've got to say that was the best Dewsbury side I've seen in my time following them.

That must make you over 100 then Graham. You're looking well on it.

πŸ˜‹

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

........... and without Stevo going to Penrith, I wonder what we could have gone on to achieve ??Β Β 

Wembley in '74 would have been a real possibility (we got close as it was) but instead we got the crying shame of a rapid decline and break up a great team .......... Players going on to win honours elsewhere only rubbing salt in the wounds and the debacle of the Β£20k being squandered ........... Oh dear, oh dearΒ  Β πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

If supporters think there's a lack of information nowadays, they clearly missed the experience of the 70's .....Β 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I wholeheartedly agree Graham, it was THE best team we have ever had (in my time of of watching of course). Anyone care to suggest otherwise ?

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.