Think he only spotted 1 Leigh forward pass all game

He'd be in Championship 1 for the foreseeable future until he gets things right

Hopefully we won't get him again this season... Or even next season

Today

A 4ft boy

In a 6ft swimming pool

2/10

And his touch judges who I suspect are grand children of Mr Magoo😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Allowed Leigh to walk off the mark all game.

• Like 1

Reading LFs comments, the penalty count and 6 agains in first half gave Leigh 22 sets as opposed to our 11. So even more credit to the players for their final quarter efforts when Leigh could have run riot. Just goes to show the effect the ref had on the game.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Allowed Leigh to walk off the mark all game.

My biggest gripe was one that goes unnoticed and that was how far he was taking our defensive line back which looked a good 2 or 3 yards further than he was with Leigh which was a skinny 10 at best. Players moving off the mark,forward passes he missed loads and wasn’t consistent to both teams.

It didn’t effect the result but it does effect the final score and Leigh don’t need that help.Β 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Reading LFs comments, the penalty count and 6 agains in first half gave Leigh 22 sets as opposed to our 11. So even more credit to the players for their final quarter efforts when Leigh could have run riot. Just goes to show the effect the ref had on the game.Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Outside view said:

My biggest gripe was one that goes unnoticed and that was how far he was taking our defensive line back which looked a good 2 or 3 yards further than he was with Leigh which was a skinny 10 at best. Players moving off the mark,forward passes he missed loads and wasn’t consistent to both teams.

It didn’t effect the result but it does effect the final score and Leigh don’t need that help.Β 

It stops such games being a contest. Decisions like this or lack of them get to you especially when you're on a losing run as we are. It happened last year against Fev at home.Β  I'm not saying we would have crossed the line 2 or 3 more times, but I think at least 3 Leigh tries would could have been chalked off if the officials had looked more closely shall we say!Β 

The lads gave their all yesterday, against the best side I've seen at ours all season, which in such conditions I fully respect, (I'd go as far as saying some of this respect was lacking from the match officials considering the conditioning a FT side gets compared to a PT side)

I didn't go to Widnes but from the displays I have seen under LF there's definitely improvement or at least a commitment that we've not seen for a while.Β 

• Like 1

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/Β image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Just to say that a team who only has 30% of possession is always going to be on the wrong end of the tackle count; simple statistics will prove this. Fitness differences also contribute to our infringements as well as a lack of subtlety that only comes from playing regularly at a higher level..

As for forward passes I thought that he was simply playing to SL rules.

Whilst much of the moaning is about the referee I don't actually believe that any top ref would have delivered a different result.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Just to say that a team who only has 30% of possession is always going to be on the wrong end of the tackle count; simple statistics will prove this. Fitness differences also contribute to our infringements as well as a lack of subtlety that only comes from playing regularly at a higher level..

Whilst much of the moaning is about the referee I don't actually believe that any top ref would have delivered a different result.

Absolutely wouldn't have changed the result, it was always going to be a Leigh win by 40-50 points. It does add to the performance the team put in to battle to the end esp in the heat. At the hour mark, I was thinking it could be 70-80 point defeat.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, muddyfunster said:

Β 

It stops such games being a contest. Decisions like this or lack of them get to you especially when you're on a losing run as we are. It happened last year against Fev at home.Β  I'm not saying we would have crossed the line 2 or 3 more times, but I think at least 3 Leigh tries would could have been chalked off if the officials had looked more closely shall we say!Β 

The lads gave their all yesterday, against the best side I've seen at ours all season, which in such conditions I fully respect, (I'd go as far as saying some of this respect was lacking from the match officials considering the conditioning a FT side gets compared to a PT side)

I didn't go to Widnes but from the displays I have seen under LF there's definitely improvement or at least a commitment that we've not seen for a while.Β 

It happened more than just the featherstone game

Newcastle home

And toulouse home where our friend Ben Thaler giving Toulouse countless "6 again's" in our 20 when they'd already 60 points on the boardπŸ€”

2 hours ago, coolie said:

It happened more than just the featherstone game

Newcastle home

And toulouse home where our friend Ben Thaler giving Toulouse countless "6 again's" in our 20 when they'd already 60 points on the boardπŸ€”

They're all agin us - never been forgiven for beating Leeds in the Championship final.

Β 

• Haha 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We played as best we could against an entertaining footballing team, having an extra man at times it seemed

Leigh’s stylish play with mobile, strong backs - and forwards were far too good for us and of course luck played along with the team. Β One incident I recall in the first was when we tackled Inu into touch, but not before he managed to get a speculative kick away (was it speculative I wonder?) and the bounce was perfect for McDonald to collect and score. There were lots of these happenings throughout the game, but none for us.Β 
Β 

If we have improved, such improvement must be seen on Saturday in Newcastle. We have to win and Thunder know this. They beat Bradford 53-10 and Bradford triumphed 48-6 over us.

Does that tell you anything?
Β 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

We played as best we could against an entertaining footballing team, having an extra man at times it seemed

Leigh’s stylish play with mobile, strong backs - and forwards were far too good for us and of course luck played along with the team. Β One incident I recall in the first was when we tackled Inu into touch, but not before he managed to get a speculative kick away (was it speculative I wonder?) and the bounce was perfect for McDonald to collect and score. There were lots of these happenings throughout the game, but none for us.Β 
Β 

If we have improved, such improvement must be seen on Saturday in Newcastle. We have to win and Thunder know this. They beat Bradford 53-10 and Bradford triumphed 48-6 over us.

Β 

Thunder only just beat us at home though...

4 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Β 

Β 

Tells me team who turns up on Saturday.. Wins

Team that doesn't.. Lose'sπŸ€”

Simply game Rugby League πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ€”

Β 

On 18/07/2022 at 13:58, Blind side johnny said:

Agree about the SL forward pass comment. Β I rarely (as rarely as I can muster) watch super dooper league but when I do I’m astonished by the number of β€œflat” (in other words forward) passes that go unpunished. It’s seems to be completely different to what goes on in our proper rugby πŸ˜€Β 

• Like 3