Australia PM's XIII v PNG PM's XIII - 25 Sept 2022

The OZ team is always interesting because of the mix:

- possible WC squad players who missed the finals and haven't played for a while - Hunt, DCE, Tino, Crichton, The Fox

- players rewarded for consistently good season in NRL but not in contention for WC squad - Laurie, Curran, Fermor

- younger players the selectors have pencilled in for the future - Jo Fifita, Averillo, Walker

Some players fit more than one category, like Cobbo and Flegler, and, depending on player loyalties, there may not be many Kangaroos players left in the final four NRL teams.

Then there are those who don't need to audition, like Teddy and Harry Grant, and those who can sink or swim on the seasons they've already had, like Reuben Cotter and Hudson Young.

So it's a Possibles squad playing for how many positions? I haven't given the Kangaroos squad much thought apart from the obvious - Cleary, Munster, Tedesco, Murray, Yeo, Grant. Latrell gave the selectors plenty of ammunition last night to leave him out so Wighton's chances probably improve.

Red predominating on the Kumuls' shirts, unusually - striking, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Ah, the stirring National Anthem:

Australia something, something

Our home is girt by Swedes

Beauty rich and rare

I still call Australia home

Or something.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

34min: Jake Armadillo try

Lomax missed the goal

38 - 0

8 minutes ago, Copa said:

Not really an accurate reflection of PNG’s full team as many of their best players weren’t available due to QLD Cup or NRL commitments.

Well, yes, but this is barely even an AUS B-team so it goes both ways.

40min: Gebbe in the corner for PNG

Laybutt missed the goal

HT: AUS  38   PNG  4

5 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Should’ve been played in Port Moresby.

The TRL National Anthem: "Nothing's ever good enough" 

• Like 1