Parking at DW

Thanks DoubleD for asking and Meast for this reply. I'm going too and wanted this info as rail strike that day will put added pressure on car parks. My parking experience at both the first England games has been slightly more stressful than I'd expected given how early I'd arrived. In the end found secure paid parking at both (a city centre hotel in Newcastle and the Catholic High School in Bolton), but only after finding what I believed would be other options closed to matchday parking. Seems some places that normally open up for football games haven't got on board with RLWC.

On 27/10/2022 at 17:18, DoubleD said:

Where's best to park for the QF game at DW?

Just re-running this one, as it's hard to find out any more from the official site than the stadium has 2,000 spaces, the accessible ones have to be booked, there are other car parks in town. Thank you for any more detail.

Plenty of free parking within a 10-15 minute walk of the ground. As somebody said you can park around Montrose Avenue and the surrounding streets but also you can park over the canal bridge, at the back of the East Stand. Google Savoy Timber and there’s plenty of free parking around that area and on Miry Lane around the industrial estate. It’s quick walk down the canal or over the bridge and you can also park in the streets around the Brickmakers Arms pub on Woodhouse Lane. You’ll see plenty making their way down from there, under the railway bridge and across the canal bridge. It’s easy getting away from that side of the Stadium as well. 

Edited by WN83
  • Thanks 1

If anyone needs refreshments and wants to keep their money in RL, Robin Park Arena right next to the DW will be open before and after the game with food, bar, live music, face painters and all that sort of stuff.

11 hours ago, WN83 said:

Plenty of free parking within a 10-15 minute walk of the ground. As somebody said you can park around Montrose Avenue and the surrounding streets but also you can park over the canal bridge, at the back of the East Stand. Google Savoy Timber and there’s plenty of free parking around that area and on Miry Lane around the industrial estate. It’s quick walk down the canal or over the bridge and you can also park in the streets around the Brickmakers Arms pub on Woodhouse Lane. You’ll see plenty making their way down from there, under the railway bridge and across the canal bridge. It’s easy getting away from that side of the Stadium as well. 

Letting the locals' secrets out WN83 !

St Cuthbert's ARLFC on Montrose Ave - 10 min walk at most from DW - also a decent shout.....

30 minutes ago, del capo said:

Letting the locals' secrets out WN83 !

St Cuthbert's ARLFC on Montrose Ave - 10 min walk at most from DW - also a decent shout.....

I’m just too kind..ha ha.

I did consider tagging on a condition that people need save me a spot!