153% NRLW salary cap rise

Tosh

It's fantastic to see how well the women's game is developing.  I am really looking forward to this year's NRLW and the new season of Women's Super League.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's fantastic to see how well the women's game is developing.  I am really looking forward to this year's NRLW and the new season of Women's Super League.

Good for you mate.

Anything about the salary cap rise and the criticism surrounding it not being enough compared to the mens game?

17 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I think it's a decent increase for part of the sport that is still relatively undeveloped.

It should be seen as part of a long term, multi-stage process. If the women's game continues to grow and gain larger amounts of TV rights money and sponsorship, I'm sure further increases will deservedly follow.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Good for you mate.

Anything about the salary cap rise and the criticism surrounding it not being enough compared to the mens game?

Nah. I'm not playing your games today.

Merry Christmas. 

• Like 12

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Barley Mow said:

I think it's a decent increase.

It should be seen as part of a long term, multi-stage process. If the women's game continues to grow and gain larger amounts of TV rights money and sponsorship, I'm sure further increases will deservedly follow.

Exactly, it’s great news all around and don’t see the need to sh#t all over the mens game by certain people.

9 minutes ago, Tosh said:

What games are they mate. Commenting on an article?

You're not exactly playing 4D chess here are you.

You raised the point once today and it got locked and you raise it again.

Just give it a rest.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You're not exactly playing 4D chess here are you.

You raised the point once today and it got locked and you raise it again.

Just give it a rest.

I’m not trying to play 4D chess here mate. I’m Just trying to have a debate surrounding the NRLW salary cap rise.

5 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I’m not trying to play 4D chess here mate. I’m Just trying to have a debate surrounding the NRLW salary cap rise.

We both know that isn't true.

You are just looking for cheap points and to get a rise out of people. 

There is a sensible conversation to be had about the development of the Women's game and how quickly it can grow into a full time professional sport at the elite level taking revenues and public interest into consideration.

The problem for you, who posted the same story with 'wokeism' in the title this morning, is that the sensible conversation doesn't involve you.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Damien said:

Its great to see the expansion of the women's competition in 2023 with more teams, more matches and more money for the players.

Exactly and more growth will lead to another increase to the salary cap and maybe more teams.