NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 *** SC Season Complete. See you for the 2024 SC competition here.

11 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Tino will only play 3 more Supercoach relevant games, 2 of which will be against Penrith and the Storm. These may affect his output. If you have the trades available, I would be moving him on.

I think I'll be moving Tino on to Haas this week. I may also trade SJ out and bring in Cleary. Next week I may trade out Wilton to a nuff to afford either Isaako/Meaney to Trell. I have to go all out now to try and get in the top 8 and a place in the Finals. 

Edited by JimBronco

2 hours ago, JimBronco said:

I think I'll be moving Tino on to Haas this week. I may also trade SJ out and bring in Cleary. Next week I may trade out Wilton to a nuff to afford either Isaako/Meaney to Trell. I have to go all out now to try and get in the top 8 and a place in the Finals. 

Realistically, I think you need to win both your games. Next week should be straightforward, this week will be tough .....

7th at the mo but this week up against Raymond who is 8th and if we were going by total points he would be 2nd and is in the top 1000 overall.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

7th at the mo but this week up against Raymond who is 8th and if we were going by total points he would be 2nd and is in the top 1000 overall.

But you only need to win one to be in the 8 and you have an easier match up in round 22.

Even so, a number of us are going to go through Squeaky Bum Time over the next two weeks!

Anyone think I'm mad trading out Hynes for Cleary, leaving me Cleary/SJ at halfback for the run home?  

Johnson going well and Warriors have some easy games (on paper) and the Sharks seem to struggle against good opposition.

Would probably make or break my season but worth a shot?

Edited by Railway End

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

30 minutes ago, Railway End said:

Anyone think I'm mad trading out Hynes for Cleary, leaving me Cleary/SJ at halfback for the run home?  

Johnson going well and Warriors have some easy games (on paper) and the Sharks seem to struggle against good opposition.

Given where you are and your squad I see your move as logical and certainly worth doing. You’re having yet another great season.

I might move to Cleary after this week. I’ll see how he goes in his first game back. Without reference to the app I think when I looked at him earlier he was likely to drop in value after his R21 game. If so he might be one for me to look at next week.

47 minutes ago, Railway End said:

P.S.

Just seen this…

NRL Late Mail: Cleary’s comeback aborted

Nathan Cleary’s comeback has been aborted with the star halfback ruled out of Sunday’s clash against the Dolphins.

Whether or not Cleary's comeback is delayed it strikes me as a gamble to dump Nicho when he still has the highest average in the comp. However, that might be why I am so far behind the Flat Cappers in the table. I still worry that SJ will blow up before the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Given where you are and your squad I see your move as logical and certainly worth doing. You’re having yet another great season.

I might move to Cleary after this week. I’ll see how he goes in his first game back. Without reference to the app I think when I looked at him earlier he was likely to drop in value after his R21 game. If so he might be one for me to look at next week.

Cheers Graham.  Good point about leaving it a week to see how Cleary goes.  Trouble is they play the Bulldogs this week at home and Cleary might go beserk!! At this stage of the season I'm looking more at points than player value.  

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Whether or not Cleary's comeback is delayed it strikes me as a gamble to dump Nicho when he still has the highest average in the comp. However, that might be why I am so far behind the Flat Cappers in the table. I still worry that SJ will blow up before the end of the season.

SH it is a gamble for sure.   Looking at the teams at the top they are all starting to look a bit generic.  I just feel like I need to do something different to escape the pack.  It'll probably come down to the toss of a coin, but I just have a sneaky feeling the Warriors are going to score big.

• Like 1

When Cleary returned from injury near the end of a season previously he had an average of about 90pts. (Source NRL Supercoach Talk). So unless he’s not fully fit I don’t see it as a gamble. He is being seen as a buy, eg Sangster’s Buy Hold Sell, where he was the first player mentioned in the buy section. Having said that Hynes wasn’t mentioned in the sell section😀

Edited by Graham

Nathan Cleary HFB $857,400 - Back after a six-week absence with a hamstring injury and the most purchased player this week, which makes sense given his standing as the greatest SuperCoach halfback of all-time. Cleary has been off his feet for a while with a serious injury and the BE of 129 indicates waiting a week could be the safer option, especially for head-to-head players.”

Who are we captaining this week? Cleary (if you gamble on him) vs the Dogs must be an option. Hynes (if you stick with him) against Manly is also attractive. Munster against Newcastle? SJ against the Raiders?

Waiting a week on Cleary…

Probably then Nicho is a better bet than the Pong as KP is playing Storm while Hynes as you say is playing v Manly.

Manu has a good projected score.

Cam Munster? He’s a good solid scorer, maybe he’s due a biggie? 
Anyone with Cleary will probably Cpt him against that opposition and to make the most of their gamble.

As I have bought him the vc is on CNK this week. SJ to Cleary as Graham states Cleary has a break even of 129 I believe SJ's might be a minus number they could be the same price next week

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

8 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

As I have bought him the vc is on CNK this week. SJ to Cleary as Graham states Cleary has a break even of 129 I believe SJ's might be a minus number they could be the same price next week

SJ 's break even is 34 according to NRL Supercoach Stats. He could easily make £40k this week and Cleary lose a similar amount so they would then be a very similar price next week.

Then you can sell SJ when he has the bye.

Edited by Spotty Herbert

4 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

SJ 's break even is 39 according to NRL Supercoach Stats. He could easily make £40k this week and Cleary lose a similar amount so they would then be a very similar price next week.

Yes it is Ponga has a break even of minus 33 this week.

Late news R21

Latrell Mitchell has been ruled out of this week’s clash with the Broncos, despite completing Thursday’s captain’s run. However, according to the SMH, coach Jason Demetriou wants to give his superstar fullback another week to recover his calf injury. The report also states that Mitchell has not suffered any further injury and will take the field in Round 22, with Blake Taaffe once again filling in at the back. “Latrell won’t play,” 

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results, Questions and AOB…Any Late News

Tyrone Munro CTW $200,800 - The most popular cheapie for a number of weeks has missed selection for the Rabbitohs with stars Campbell Graham and Mitchell back. It’s not a big issue for those who already own him given he just nuffs out, which was always a possibility/probability when we bought him. But don’t go out of your way to buy him this week (he’s currently the fifth most purchased player). Prioritise a dual position nuff like Jack Howarth who has more flexibility.

Well this week turned into a disaster as only 15 of my 17 started and the emergency reserve added 3 to my total. So much for the saying next man up. 🤣

12 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Well this week turned into a disaster as only 15 of my 17 started and the emergency reserve added 3 to my total. So much for the saying next man up. 🤣

Just when you think you've got this game sussed it bites you on your ######.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

The steady and repeated drip drip drip of byes is the most frustrating part of this season. 
I hope another team is admitted to the NRL very soon!

No Warriors this week, then it's Dogs, Cowboys, Broncos and Bunnies before the Eels in R27. Eels bye only counts if your overall score is a lot better than mine, but head to head finals are going to be affected by the likes of Haas, Walsh, Mitchell, Johnson and others being unavailable on crucial weeks.