NCL 2023

With the season only a week away, use this to speak about the teams, players and predictions for the year. 

Personally I think the prem is between hunslet, west hull and siddal, but looks a competitive league. 
I think heworth will go well in Div 1 after promotion, but Ince Rose Bridge and Stanningley must fancy their chances.

For Div 2 I think East Leeds and waterhead will be challenging for the title, alongside barrow and normanton. Looks a tough division as ever. 
Finally, division 3 I think seaton will be looking to continue their great start, but I saw they have lost some players. I think Beverley will go well. Be interesting to see how Ellenbrough do, not that I know much about them. 

3 hours ago, rugbylad09 said:

With the season only a week away, use this to speak about the teams, players and predictions for the year. 

Personally I think the prem is between hunslet, west hull and siddal, but looks a competitive league. 
I think heworth will go well in Div 1 after promotion, but Ince Rose Bridge and Stanningley must fancy their chances.

For Div 2 I think East Leeds and waterhead will be challenging for the title, alongside barrow and normanton. Looks a tough division as ever. 
Finally, division 3 I think seaton will be looking to continue their great start, but I saw they have lost some players. I think Beverley will go well. Be interesting to see how Ellenbrough do, not that I know much about them. 

Sadly I think we (Seaton) have lost too many players to be in that discussion, we’ve had three really good players gone for the season on top of the four who turned pro 

Millom have been impressive pre season and Brad Crellin will be huge for them fancy them to have a good season 

4 hours ago, rugbylad09 said:

I suspect Ellenborough, like Seaton, will have a good first year, players won't mind the travelling. That being said division 3 looks the weakest it's been for a few years so it could be anyone's year for that one

26 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I suspect Ellenborough, like Seaton, will have a good first year, players won't mind the travelling. That being said division 3 looks the weakest it's been for a few years so it could be anyone's year for that one

100% agree with div 3 looking weak compared to recent years 

8 hours ago, rugbylad09 said:

So you don’t think any of the 3 relegated teams from the Prem have any chance of going back up

1 hour ago, Cumbria1 said:

So you don’t think any of the 3 relegated teams from the Prem have any chance of going back up

They have every chance, but I think it’s a tough division this year, and the mentioned teams have put in some good performances against similar/upper level opposition in the cup

Made my annual complaint to the BBC about the absence from its website of the NCL Division Three fixtures, results and tables. This is the reply I received from the BBC Complaints Team:

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC Sport website. We note and appreciate your concerns. 

Sadly, we’re not able to cover every sport, event or leauge as extensively as we and our audiences would like on our website as we simply don’t have the resources to be able to do so. 

Being publicly-funded we have to ensure the best value for money and fairness for all licence fee payers. This inevitably means that some leagues from right across the sporting spectrum will receive less coverage than others.

Nevertheless, we do value your feedback about this. All complaints are sent to senior management and we’ve included your points in our overnight report. 

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the company and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch.

• 1 month later...

What are peoples thoughts for the early part of the season? 
in the prem a shock result this weekend at west hull, hunslet are looking fantastic but still got a few real tests ahead, and rochdale/kells proving a real surprise. Think St Pats are going to struggle. Will be a good battle to stay up. 

West bowling looking really strong in Div 1 along with heworth, could be back to back to back promotions for them. looks a tough test for The lions and thornhill already to stay up. 

Div 2 looking really competitive at both ends. Definitely an interesting one to follow. Waterhead looking strong but how many years do their ex semi-pro players have left?

I haven’t looked into div 3 too much, but just looking at the table it looks wide open. 

• 2 months later...