Efl tv deal implications

39 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Staggering deal for EFL, (187m per year for 5 years, up from 119m) ,what are the implications for RL as the OP asked is anyone's guess. My guess is no implications at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65502322

It's funny isn't it because you can take that as an indication that they're cash rich and willing to pay or they've spent all their money on this and are now skint. 

I'd like to think it's an indication they're willing to pay to keep properties they've currently got if other bidders come in. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

18 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's funny isn't it because you can take that as an indication that they're cash rich and willing to pay or they've spent all their money on this and are now skint. 

I'd like to think it's an indication they're willing to pay to keep properties they've currently got if other bidders come in. 

Unless Sky have become a charity organisation they presumably see the investment as bringing a return,  ie more subscriptions,  advertising etc. Do they get money from abroad for sharing their coverage with foreign broadcasters? Don't know.

If RL brings a return on their pay- in they'll carry on, if not ?!

6 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Unless Sky have become a charity organisation they presumably see the investment as bringing a return,  ie more subscriptions,  advertising etc. Do they get money from abroad for sharing their coverage with foreign broadcasters? Don't know.

Absolutely, but the last deal was down on the previous partially because the deal before was inflated by BT Sport interest. There's a few things at play. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Inflation 30% over 5 years? 

So £120m should be £156m to keep pace 

Sky getting loads more for further £30-40m. 

Basically EFL abandoned their own in house streaming for Sky. 

Edited by Rugbyleaguesupporter
Typo

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I dont quite agree. 

Firstly (and apologies if any sky engineers are on this forum) but reducing money spent on engineers means there will be more money for sports rights 

Secondly sky bid based on what rights are worth. If Sky will lose £50m in cancellations after tax, then they will bid up to £40m for rights, for example. 

*Production costs and others on top of rights fee