Dale’s relegation…hornets to blame

Anita Bath

Apparently the keystone cops goal that Tranmere scored was because the ball hit one of the rugby post holes!  Simon Gauge wont be happy…..probably he will impose further restrictions on hornets use of the stadium.

What were the groundstaff doing?

On 21/04/2023 at 21:02, Athleticgrounds said:

If anyone thinks Rochdale going out if the league is in anyway going to benefit Hornets..they're delusional, it could well lead to the demise of both clubs.

You are not wrong.   They will now need to cut budgets by at least £1.5m a season.   It costs more than £500,000 to run Spotland as it is.   If they halve that budget everybody will suffer.   The pitch won't be maintained at the current standard thats for sure.   Its sad for the town and the person on here who said he would celebrate if Dale were relegated should hang his head in shame.   The town is poorer as a result.   If they don't stop their decline Spotland will be no more.  

Over the years I’ve probably been to watch the football club as much as I have Hornets. Certainly in my youth it was Spotland on Saturday and the Athletic Grounds on Sunday for years. As time went by I was an infrequent visitor to the football but I still turned up to give them my support in the big games each season - went to Wembley for the play off etc. However the way the football club has treated Hornets over the last couple of seasons has turned me off them completely. They’ll never get another penny out of me and my nearest and dearest. So if they’re looking for sympathy they’re looking in the wrong direction.

The only thing that concerns me about them dropping out of the football league is how it will affect Hornets. Their attitude since the new board took over at the football club as been been abysmal. We are treated like ###### on the bottom of their shoe. The removal of Gauge and co and the appointment of a new board can only be an improvement in my opinion. You’ve got to be seriously dumb to ###### up two teams.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Being Rochdale born and bred it's horrible that Dale got relegated, you want all teams representing your town to do well and the people who are happy to see them go down should show a little class. I do worry how it will affect us.

• 2 weeks later...

Incidentally there is someone posts on that board under name tyrone shoelaces. I know you are a very longstanding hornets fan and poster on this site. I dont know if you are also the poster on the Dale site, or someone has taken your name.

6 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Incidentally there is someone posts on that board under name tyrone shoelaces. I know you are a very longstanding hornets fan and poster on this site. I dont know if you are also the poster on the Dale site, or someone has taken your name.

He’s taken my name - I was using it well before him.  I took it from “ Cheech And Chong “. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

• Like 1