Toulouse away

RogerT

I know it's very early days yet but I am considering going there for the first time can any of you that's been before give me any tips as to the best way way to get there, time there and roughly costs please.

Not been since before Covid bit I know that some flight routes have closed down. This year flying into Bordeaux from Mcr, then train down to Toulouse. Making a long weekend of it Fri-Mon. Hotel prices quite reasonable tho 

8 hours ago, RogerT said:

I know it's very early days yet but I am considering going there for the first time can any of you that's been before give me any tips as to the best way way to get there, time there and roughly costs please.

ROGER   Grandson was looking for flights to benidorm so got him to look for toulouse he found flights  with ryan air

best price stansted  to toulouse  out thursday 13th"£50/ £22 back sunday 16th £43

Funny thing if you can fly back at 11 0'clock sat night it's £ 17:kolobok_grin:

OR fly to next door from closer  to home

Leeds Bradford to perpignan out thursday 13th £28 and  back sunday 16th £29 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

as POR put stansted to Carcassonne or Toulouse have cheap flights , carcassone is an hour away by train and worth staying 1 night there, we are looking at going as well , flying to Carcassonne on the thursday , stay overnight , train to Toulouse friday evening and 2 nights in Toulouse fly back sunday from toulouse

• Like 1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

We made the effort and flew with Ryanair from Stansted to Toulouse, Friday until Monday. Cheap 3 day travel pass from the airport takes you anywhere around the city, and on the bus to near the ground. We stayed in the Victor Hugo hotel, central for everything. make the effort and go, its a great weekend.

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re going this year for the first time, as part of a week away.

Flying BA from Heathrow on the Friday evening, then onwards to Alicante on the Sunday morning with Ryanair.

We’ve a hotel out near the airport.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LuckyDog said:

We’re going this year for the first time, as part of a week away.

Flying BA from Heathrow on the Friday evening, then onwards to Alicante on the Sunday morning with Ryanair.

We’ve a hotel out near the airport.

We're flying to bezier Saturday morning and back from Carcassonne on Sunday morning. No messing about. 

just booked flight out friday to carcassone  £18.63 each from Stansted, was going to stay night in carcassone but hotels expensive and apartments had ###### reviews that were about 150 for night, so train to Toulouse teatime  30 euros for 2 of us then 4 star hotel in toulouse near metro for 150 for 2 nights then fly home sunday teatime from toulouse £ 50 each 

• Like 3

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012