What if??

coolie

With Sheffield fast becoming the biggest threat to Featherstone's domination of the championship this season, could this be a reprieve for Wakefield? 

If Featherstone blow the million pound game to Sheffield, and Sheffield's is ground nowhere near super league standard, would we get echos of 1999/2000 where the promoted team is refused entry. 

I watched Toulouse last week and are not to the standard of either Featherstone or Sheffield, word on the street is Toulouse late in the season will ship in players to strengthen their squad and pinch the million pound game from under the noses of the other team's. 

Now Featherstone 🤔

Don't have very many players of super league standard so a rebuild is on the cards, can they afford a rebuild after wasting vast amounts of money last season going all in against Dezzys Leigh. 

Will the Featherstone players realise winning the million pound game will actually make a lot of players unemployed while they scrat around the championship for another team. 

Once Wakefields relegation is confirmed could they ship all their star players on loan to Sheffield in an attempt to bend the rules get Sheffield to win the million pound game and saving Wakefield from the drop due to Sheffields poor ground 

Makes you think don't it🤔🤔

• Like 1

Coolie,

Why are you still fixated with all things Fev (and to a lesser extent YCK & Eagles)?

Dewsbury will still be playing Fev in 2025, even if we go up this year, having been relegated under the IMG promotion & relegation spreadsheet regardless of where Fev finish in SL in 2024 if we go up.

So surely your focus should be on following a successful team this year and making sure that the Rams are still in the Championship in 2025 so as to be playing Fev come 2025?

All the best,

Dave

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

8 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Coolie,

Why are you still fixated with all things Fev (and to a lesser extent YCK & Eagles)?

Dewsbury will still be playing Fev in 2025, even if we go up this year, having been relegated under the IMG promotion & relegation spreadsheet regardless of where Fev finish in SL in 2024 if we go up.

So surely your focus should be on following a successful team this year and making sure that the Rams are still in the Championship in 2025 so as to be playing Fev come 2025?

All the best,

Dave

Well it's a little bit of a slow news day🤔

So a subject to attract a little bit of conversation.. Which in your case was successful 🤔

It was a few thoughts rolled out for a bit of chit chat. 🤔

I got a response.. If a little negative 🤔

Not much more than a nibble then.

Thing is Gov that I think promotion to SL is a bit immaterial, other than maybe Fev fans saying that we have been there in SL. My thoughts are that come the end of 2024 IMG will just pick the 12 teams that they want, which will not include Fev or Dewsbury.

I’ll give you a question/scenario back, which will make you smile. Can you imagine the whining you’ll be able to manage to generate if Fev do get promoted this year finish 11th or higher in SL in 2024 and then relegated via the IMG spreadsheet? Will the triple chip on Fev fans shoulders be unbearable? Relegated when we shouldn’t have been when SL started, denied promotion due to franchising and then relegated again due to an IMG spreadsheet.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Some interesting scenarios above.

Can you imagine Mr Campbell’s reaction if The Grinder’s scenario played out!

‘If’ Fev get promoted and they finish above Cas next year would Fev get a higher placing on the IMG spreadsheet than Cas? or would they both be relegated and the likes of York and Toulouse be promoted because they are higher up the spreadsheet due to ticking more boxes?

If this did happen there could be a lot of clubs with a WF postcode in the championship come the end of 2024!

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 3
rambo.gif

On 16/05/2023 at 22:12, coolie said:

With Sheffield fast becoming the biggest threat to Featherstone's domination of the championship this season, could this be a reprieve for Wakefield? 

If Featherstone blow the million pound game to Sheffield, and Sheffield's is ground nowhere near super league standard, would we get echos of 1999/2000 where the promoted team is refused entry. 

I watched Toulouse last week and are not to the standard of either Featherstone or Sheffield, word on the street is Toulouse late in the season will ship in players to strengthen their squad and pinch the million pound game from under the noses of the other team's. 

Now Featherstone 🤔

Don't have very many players of super league standard so a rebuild is on the cards, can they afford a rebuild after wasting vast amounts of money last season going all in against Dezzys Leigh. 

Will the Featherstone players realise winning the million pound game will actually make a lot of players unemployed while they scrat around the championship for another team. 

Once Wakefields relegation is confirmed could they ship all their star players on loan to Sheffield in an attempt to bend the rules get Sheffield to win the million pound game and saving Wakefield from the drop due to Sheffields poor ground 

The bit about getting promoted and players losing their contracts is interesting. If you were a Fev player on a very good contract, promotion will most likely mean losing your contract and going elsewhere in the Championship for a much lower contract......

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 20:09, Wakefield Ram said:

The bit about getting promoted and players losing their contracts is interesting. If you were a Fev player on a very good contract, promotion will most likely mean losing your contract and going elsewhere in the Championship for a much lower contract......

When Dewsbury won the championship 50 years ago. (Crikey, that's flown by quick!) the game started its journey with promotion and relegation, which in my opinion has been the downfall of not necessarily the game, but certainly a lot of clubs. 

Being promoted was/is one thing. Actually staying there and progressing is another. Just look at probably a dozen teams that have done it and ended up in financial turmoil, then never, ever being the club that they once were. 

Our opponents from last week, Oldham are a good example of this and they're not on their own. 

• Like 3

On 16/05/2023 at 22:12, coolie said:

Now Featherstone 🤔

Makes you think?

What if the Championship decider was suddenly interrupted by little green men with ray guns who kidnapped the Fev players and whisked them away in their flying saucer, forcing the RFL to award the match and promotion to SL to the other team, Batley naturally?

As everyone knows IMG are powered by off world forces, believed to be nitrogen breathing reptiles, who have identified the powers to be gained by controlling RL before it becomes the dominant world sport. This will be just one of their ways of controlling the planet - another involves Tetley's bitter and strong laxatives.

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.