Any idea when we'll know CC Semi Final Venue(s)?

Wherever the games are played, I’d expect decent crowds if clubs like Leigh and HKR are involved. The feel good factor around those clubs is something that can really help drive the attendances. Looking at the gap between the quarters and the semis, I think there is 5 weeks and that’s enough time IMO to hold off making a decision on semi final venues until they know who is in them. 

If it’s a Hull club vs a club on this side of the Pennines, you’d probably take it to Headingley. A Hull Derby would probably need to be at Headingley as well or maybe Doncaster. A game involving 2 of Wigan, Saints, Wire, Leigh, Salford etc should be easy to arrange locally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

Wherever the games are played, I’d expect decent crowds if clubs like Leigh and HKR are involved. The feel good factor around those clubs is something that can really help drive the attendances. Looking at the gap between the quarters and the semis, I think there is 5 weeks and that’s enough time IMO to hold off making a decision on semi final venues until they know who is in them. 

If it’s a Hull club vs a club on this side of the Pennines, you’d probably take it to Headingley. A Hull Derby would probably need to be at Headingley as well or maybe Doncaster. A game involving 2 of Wigan, Saints, Wire, Leigh, Salford etc should be easy to arrange locally. 

A Hull derby should be in Hull with a 50:50 ticket split.

If there are derbies then I don't think there is any need to overthink matters when it should be easy to maximise attendances and revenues.

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

A Hull derby should be in Hull with a 50:50 ticket split.

If there are derbies then I don't think there is any need to overthink matters when it should be easy to maximise attendances and revenues.

Suppose it depends on HKR’s thoughts on it being at Hull FC if it were to play out that way. If they’d be comfortable with that, happy days. You’d like to think there would be a 20k+ crowd on. 

17 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Suppose it depends on HKR’s thoughts on it being at Hull FC if it were to play out that way. If they’d be comfortable with that, happy days. You’d like to think there would be a 20k+ crowd on. 

I think you just tell them. If the crowd is 50:50 I don't see the issue.

Would be a sell out 25.5k, with a great atmosphere and great for TV. Just what we want and a great revenue generator.

Throw in the other semi at another location and it has to beat Bolton for a double header.

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

I think you just tell them. If the crowd is 50:50 I don't see the issue.

Would be a sell out 25.5k, with a great atmosphere and great for TV. Just what we want and a great revenue generator.

Throw in the other semi at another location and it has to beat Bolton for a double header.

Yes would love a Hull Derby for the semi

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes would love a Hull Derby for the semi

No doubt they will play it at the LSV at Sunday 5pm.