Bradford game.

Mr Hicks

Before the game I thought this would go one of 2 ways. We beat them narrowly or we get beat easy and unfortunately it was the latter. 

It was always going to be a game we struggled in. Key players missing and playing a near full strength Bradford team who had a score to settle. 

I hate when so called fans go into negativity mode and start slateing the owners, coaches and players. Maybe this season is a learning curve for everyone concerned but please cut them some slack and air your opinions at the end of the season and do it in a constructive way. If I was the owners I would feel like throwing in the towel. 

From where we were 4 years ago we haven't gone backwards we have certainly gone forwards. The first speed hump we've hit and certain so called supporters are having a real go.

Give it time and I'm sure we will move on even further.  If it's watching the team and expecting a win every week maybe your not made to support a local team.

Dont forget how lucky we are to have a professional rugby team in the town we come from. In the whole country there are only 36 towns/cities that have teams and were privileged to be one of them.

• Like 1

I agree. We are all hurting losing to the dulls. We have come along way and need to be behind the owners and players.

Bulls fast play and strong running really battered us. One thing we could learn from that is pace to run ball at. 

Obviously I'm very disappointed with the result bur I can't knock the effort.

We were well beaten on the day by a very good Bradford performance.

Its now time to re-group for Swinton next week. The team need our support more than ever.

Well I enjoyed my weekend in York especially that second half 🙂

A good game all round I thought although any sensible fan not on the wind up could see Bradford were much changed for the side you faced at Cougar Park and you were also missing a few. Either way it was nice to see us put a score on and keep you out in the second half which Bradford never seem to do. 

1-1 in the series and onto Odsal for the decider. Best of luck until then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongStandingBull said:

Well I enjoyed my weekend in York especially that second half 🙂

A good game all round I thought although any sensible fan not on the wind up could see Bradford were much changed for the side you faced at Cougar Park and you were also missing a few. Either way it was nice to see us put a score on and keep you out in the second half which Bradford never seem to do. 

1-1 in the series and onto Odsal for the decider. Best of luck until then. 

You guys played well. Apart from patton think he is poor for you.

Lesson hope we learnt from that game how to run a ball in. Your backs and forward ran so strong and got quick play the balls which really hurt us that second half. 

See you for the rematch at Odsal.

• 5 weeks later...

The trilogy game 1-1 expecting another big crowd at Odsal this weekend.

a hurting bulls team well beat in Toulouse couple injuries in that game at 37 degrees I believe kept out there and fit we might made it more presentable is what it is never expected a win.

Keighley got a great and much needed win against haven.

think like the other two games who turns up on the day puts a score on the other forwards more key on the narrow Odsal pitch hope for a good game and a big crowd.

I'm sure both teams will be up for it and I'm looking forward to what hopefully should be a good game.

I think we are on an upward trajectory again after a poor spell. The new signings have to bed in quickly for us to have a chance on Sunday though.

The Bulls look to have made some good signings so it should be interesting. As you say hopefully a big crowd and a good atmosphere.     

Well that was a bad day to say the least.

The only positives to take from yesterday are "its only 2 points and a least it didn.t rain"

The coaches and players are going to have to work very hard this week to turn that performance around in time fo be competitive for the York game.

Let's hope it was just a blip!

1 hour ago, Dovster said:

Well that was a bad day to say the least.

The only positives to take from yesterday are "its only 2 points and a least it didn.t rain"

The coaches and players are going to have to work very hard this week to turn that performance around in time fo be competitive for the York game.

Let's hope it was just a blip!

A blip? Since the change of head coach it is 5 defeats and one victory;that victory being at home against a side facing 3 games in 7 days.

It includes allowing Jack Miller his one and only victory in a Championship game in 2023.

With 10 games left,and your undiminished enthusiasm,you should predict,on the other thread,which games will,or can be,won,of the remaining fixtures. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Hmm. Taking the game at Cougar Park as the baseline, Bradford had experienced forwards missing, some dual reg youngsters that froze and then lost Gill to injury so that we had to put a 2nd row in the centres. 
Keighley dominated in the forwards with their enthusiasm, with Santi standing out, channeling the crowd energy, Gale had a platform to control the game and realised that Crookes would have a field day against an inexperienced Bradford centre/wing combo. 

Yesterday was unrecognisable. Bradford have got their injured experienced players back and have strengthened the areas they were weak - hooker, halves, wing. Don’t need D/R anymore. 
Keighley were a mess yesterday. At the start of the season, with those players above, I thought they’d be comfortably mid table, pressuring 6th place for the playoffs. But you’re in a relegation dog fight now, if you didn’t realise it already. That was bad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

A blip? Since the change of head coach it is 5 defeats and one victory;that victory being at home against a side facing 3 games in 7 days.

It includes allowing Jack Miller his one and only victory in a Championship game in 2023.

With 10 games left,and your undiminished enthusiasm,you should predict,on the other thread,which games will,or can be,won,of the remaining fixtures. 

A blip as in he worst performance of the season. In most other games we have been competitive.

I try and remain upbeat as there are no benefits to being negative. After Sunday, confidence will be very low and the players/coaches don't have much time to pick themselves up of the floor and continue to battle. Our support is needed more than ever.

I am not happy the way things have gone this season but we are where we are. The end of the season is the time for review and reflection.

As far as predictions go, I (not too successfully) do my weekly predictions on this forum. As far as trying to predict any further into the future - no thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrueBull said:

Hmm. Taking the game at Cougar Park as the baseline, Bradford had experienced forwards missing, some dual reg youngsters that froze and then lost Gill to injury so that we had to put a 2nd row in the centres. 
Keighley dominated in the forwards with their enthusiasm, with Santi standing out, channeling the crowd energy, Gale had a platform to control the game and realised that Crookes would have a field day against an inexperienced Bradford centre/wing combo. 

Yesterday was unrecognisable. Bradford have got their injured experienced players back and have strengthened the areas they were weak - hooker, halves, wing. Don’t need D/R anymore. 
Keighley were a mess yesterday. At the start of the season, with those players above, I thought they’d be comfortably mid table, pressuring 6th place for the playoffs. But you’re in a relegation dog fight now, if you didn’t realise it already. That was bad. 

Oh everyone knows we are in a relegation battle. You can easily see why there's such a change in fortunes. Our team for the home game when we beat you was

Young, Graham, Webster, Storey, Stevo, Chizzy, Gale, Ioane, Doyle, Santi, Gibbons, Keinhorst, Walker

Subs: Spence, Adebiyi, Parker Gaylor.

Yesterday was:

Roby, PLT, Oakley, Graham, Stevo, Spence, Walker, Bibby, Doyle, Everett, Adebiyi, Robson, Hird

Subs: Parker, Levy, Gaylor, Atkinson

No Webster, Keinhorst, Gale, Chizzy and Santi. All left/retired/returned to parent club. The experience and quality that has left the squad is almost unbelievable, and they've been replaced by young lads on loan who haven't played senior rugby. Add in injuries to Young, Storey and Ioane and you end up with a result like yesterday.

• Like 1