Gino Mäder :( World class cyclist taken from us far too early

I'd though I would post this here as there are multiplle contributors to this forum who also follow cycling, but wanted to place condolonces here on the death of Gino Mäder a superb cycling talent who died in a fall during the descent on stage 5 of the Tor de Suisse. He was an amazing talent and will be missed by everybody who follows cycling.  All thoughts and condolences to his family and his team Bahrain Victorious

• Like 3

Such horrible news. Condolences to his family, friends and indeed all those involved in the pro level of the sport. As much as we often wonder how it doesn't happen more given the speed and technical nature of some of those descents let alone the scary drops off the edge then this must be such a huge shock. I hope that there is appropriate support for anyone who needs it especially with the tour around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said, it's such a dangerous sport at the elite level you wonder how it doesn't happen more often but it was still a huge shock and desperately sad.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.