v Sheffield (a)

RLDB

Very tough game without injuries but with how many players we have out it feels like an impossible task. 

For me Archer has an opportunity to state a claim for next season over the next 5 games as Sammut hasn't been as consistent as last year. 

Hopefully the 2 Wigan loan players play as well as Makin who was outstanding last week. 

Evans and Burke if fit need to step up in the absence of Gillam, Wells and Iara going. 12 months ago you'd have expected them to be 2 of the best props in the league so hopefully they step up. 

• Like 2

Just turned it off the radio. I know we have injuries etc etc but we sound absolutely clueless, slow and devoid of ideas. Dropped balls , penalties is not acceptable every single week of the season neither is making no yards and not getting up in defence. I said this was our problem right at the start of the season and we still doing it

At Halifax we blamed it on being a man down. !!! Have we any fight left in us this season ? We are certainly going to need some.

So frustrated and angry nothing has changed from game week 1.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Raider83 said:

30-18 made it look a bit more respectable but by the sounds of it, we need to improve......quickly!

As Ulverstonian says, been the same since Week 1. 16 games later and it’s still the same errors costing us week in week out. Someone on here said we’re too good to go down and that’s laughable. 

Today, Sheffield scored within 2 minutes of both first and second half kick offs and again within 2 minutes of TWO of our tries! Now obviously it’s never a good time to concede but we seem to give crucial tries away at crucial stages of the game every week. Something tell me that’s more than just coincidence. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

Just turned it off the radio. I know we have injuries etc etc but we sound absolutely clueless, slow and devoid of ideas. Dropped balls , penalties is not acceptable every single week of the season neither is making no yards and not getting up in defence. I said this was our problem right at the start of the season and we still doing it

At Halifax we blamed it on being a man down. !!! Have we any fight left in us this season ? We are certainly going to need some.

So frustrated and angry nothing has changed from game week 1.

Fully agree.

On paper they have a much better side but they didn't have to work at all for their territory as we gave it them. 

We just played so dumb. They drop the ball on the 2nd tackle of the second half and we have a set 30m out. Ryan Johnston tries batting the ball past 2 defenders which is intercepted by Thackeray. Pretty much summed up the half. 

Edited by RSN
  • Like 2

Tough listen on the radio, have to agree with everything that has been said. Yes we are doing it tough with injuries but we were playing against 12 men for a good 50 minutes!! I thought there was a complete lack of composure in the 2nd half, we were trailing by only 2 points,you do not need to score on every set. Must admit starting to get a little worried now about staying up, but will always be there supporting the team.

• Like 1

Nowhere near good enough. Playing against 12 men, get into half time 8-6 and concede twice in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half! Only word to describe it as is pathetic!

Don't know how to use the ball in attack at all this season. Hate to think what the score would of been vs 13.

Whole team needs a reality check right now, staring down the barrel of League 1.

Edited by raiders_1875
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, olray said:

Maybe we should 

Again after today what seems like lacklustre performance. It is becoming more apparent as a team we don't have much in a way of direction or aggression.

We were convincingly out enthused and easily beaten by 12 men!!

This is hardly a knee jerk reaction but something needs sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Masters 13
  • Like 2
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

We go from 8 - 6 at half-time to 30 - 6 after 30 mins of 2nd half.

That's 22 consecutive points allowed with no points scored, against 12 men. 

Something is not right with both the defence and offence.

The only consolation is Swinton, Whitehaven, Keighley also lost. 

Newcastle won but I think they're doomed regardless.

• Like 1