Workington ....... In their own words

Therein73

At the end of the day we are still a very average Championship 1 team who have yet to beat any of the top 5 teams home or away. 😒

(  copied from a "Unicorn 106" post on the Town forum )

Let's hope that's still the case come 5pm next Sunday ......... Looking forward to the visit of Workington and hopefully decent weather, a good game and a win that seals things for Finny and the lads ........ Come on Rams !!!! 

I'm telling you that if we don't win against Workington next sunday, come into the royal suite, find me and I'll buy you all a drink. 

That's how confident I am of us sealing the title next Sunday 🤔😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolie said:

I'm telling you that if we don't win against Workington next sunday, come into the royal suite, find me and I'll buy you all a drink. 

That's how confident I am of us sealing the title next Sunday 🤔😉

Is that for all 700 of us??

• Haha 1

On 31/07/2023 at 11:27, coolie said:

Yup

All 700

So... I thought seeing you were prepared to buy 700 pints if we lost ... the least I could do was buy you a pint when we won!! So... looking for you in the Royal after the game!!... No Coolie!! Of course you're in Blackpool!! .. shame you missed it ... the game and of course the pint!!  

26 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

So... I thought seeing you were prepared to buy 700 pints if we lost ... the least I could do was buy you a pint when we won!! So... looking for you in the Royal after the game!!... No Coolie!! Of course you're in Blackpool!! .. shame you missed it ... the game and of course the pint!!  

Thank mate😃

Was a difficult afternoon over on the West Coast, phone in hand, checking every 30 seconds 

All faith in the lads, and hopefully everybody had a fantastic day

Apparently we didn't get the trophy so that will be next week

And I'll be there for that one🤔😁😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, coolie said:

Thank mate😃

Was a difficult afternoon over on the West Coast, phone in hand, checking every 30 seconds 

I’d wait three weeks Coolie or you’ll be sadly disappointed 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, coolie said:

Thank mate😃

That's the week where you will be cheering Batley on at Wembley, isn't it? Director's box I hear.

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 07/08/2023 at 10:51, Blind side johnny said:

That's the week where you will be cheering Batley on at Wembley, isn't it? Director's box I hear.

Can't do Wembley, Kevin Nicholas is distraught I won't be there to cheer Batley on, he sees me as a lucky talisman for his beloved club, yes I had a place in the directors box with the lord's of batley 

But unfortunately had to decline 

I suppose it will be my fault if they lose 🤔😉