Sat 12th Aug: Women's Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 12:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/23 at 11:30

Rumor has it that Amy Hrdcastle got ripped to bits as been up her own backside and a different person when the cameras are rolling by the Saints players in their message group when she announced to them she was leaving for Leeds so for Saints to beat them in the final seems very fitting. For Leeds this almost seems a transitional period as they try and bring the youngsters through with them losing some real quality earlier in the year. I imagine there will be a lot of changes in personel for them in the off season as they target a few people around the leagues especially with the new structures been proposed.

Interesting to hear that about Amy.

Leeds are definitely going through a transitional phase and have some great players coming through who are not quite ready yet.

Ruby Enright is going to be a star but is coming back from a horrendous injury and probably won’t see her best until next season and I really rate Mayzi Carter but she’s out injured atm.

• Like 1

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

20 hours ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

Two years ago, I watched my first women’s game - the challenge cup final between York and St Helens. It was a fabulous game, and I marvelled at the quality of tries scored by Emily Rudge and Amy Hardcastle, both set up by great passes by Jodie Cunningham. 

Since then, most games involving two of the big three have been fantastic. Today wasn’t a classic with Leeds well below their best, but the women’s game holds its own in every regard for me. If you don’t like it, fair enough. I’ve gone off the men’s game. Each to their own. 

And a word for my mate Channy Crowl, whose autobiography I’ll be publishing soon (next year I think). She was immense. That was the perfect prop-forward performance. Player of the match by a mile! 

I don’t know any of the players on a personal basis. But I do agree with the Channy Crowl player of the match assessment. Thought she was immense down the middle channels. Really pleased for her especially after I had watched the World Cup documentary where she missed out on selection. Yesterday was the best way to answer any doubters and in doing so she showed great resilience and will power to get herself back up. A great example to any individual who is sometimes dealt a bad hand. Never give up. Well done young lady.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

I don’t know any of the players on a personal basis. But I do agree with the Channy Crowl player of the match assessment. Thought she was immense down the middle channels. Really pleased for her especially after I had watched the World Cup documentary where she missed out on selection. Yesterday was the best way to answer any doubters and in doing so she showed great resilience and will power to get herself back up. A great example to any individual who is sometimes dealt a bad hand. Never give up. Well done young lady.

Channy says thank you very much! 

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Rumor has it that Amy Hrdcastle got ripped to bits as been up her own backside and a different person when the cameras are rolling by the Saints players in their message group when she announced to them she was leaving for Leeds so for Saints to beat them in the final seems very fitting. For Leeds this almost seems a transitional period as they try and bring the youngsters through with them losing some real quality earlier in the year. I imagine there will be a lot of changes in personel for them in the off season as they target a few people around the leagues especially with the new structures been proposed.

Channy says completely untrue about the group chat. From what I remember from when it happened, the saints players were gutted and there was no animosity. 

I’ve never spoken to Amy, but she recently agreed to be a guest as a mate’s charity function in Whitehaven in September. She was offered a fee which she turned down and said he should give it to the charity. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

Channy says thank you very much! 

No problem just saying it as I see it. My son is a young pro rugby player living at home. Believe me with go through the highs and the lows as a family together. But guess what. Nobody will ever break us.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BroncoFan said:

Interesting to hear that about Amy.

Leeds are definitely going through a transitional phase and have some great players coming through who are not quite ready yet.

Ruby Enright is going to be a star but is coming back from a horrendous injury and probably won’t see her best until next season and I really rate Mayzi Carter but she’s out injured atm.

After the early error, I thought Ruby Enright did fantastically well to keep her head up and played really well the rest of the game.  Particularly bearing in mind the recent acl injury.

• Like 1