If…….

On 23/08/2023 at 00:02, Pulga said:

The player pool drain is the biggest myth out.

Between the Championship, Qld and NSW Cup, fringe NRL players and better scouting PNG there is more than enough players to go around for another 10 SL teams.

Plenty of players yes. Plenty of players of a good enough quality? Plus I doubt many players running around the QLD and NSW Cups would qualify for a work permit.

On 23/08/2023 at 00:02, Pulga said:

The player pool drain is the biggest myth out.

Between the Championship, Qld and NSW Cup, fringe NRL players and better scouting PNG there is more than enough players to go around for another 10 SL teams.

I agree, there are plenty of players. The problem is the lack of money at the weaker clubs and the constraints this lack of money places on them, whether that is off field setups, coaching staff, academy and reserve teams, facilities etc.

Edited by Damien

44 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Plenty of players yes. Plenty of players of a good enough quality? Plus I doubt many players running around the QLD and NSW Cups would qualify for a work permit.

I don't pretend to understand all the visa rules but a quick look over makes it look like it would be difficult for them to qualify and then expensive for them to come.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)