NRL Round 26 Thread

Score Summary

T. Peachey 13, N. Cleary 66, L. Martin 76, T. Jenkins 78 Tries M. Sivo 4, M. Sivo 20, M. Sivo 24, C. Gutherson 37, C. Gutherson 43, M. Sivo 73
N. Cleary 66 Conversions C. Gutherson 6, C. Gutherson 26, C. Gutherson 44
  Penalty Goals C. Gutherson 22

Jahrome Luai’s shoulder was dislocated during that game. The doctor was quickly able to pop it back.

Luai was in serious discomfort as he left the field, having sustained the injury while reaching for the line, only to have Bryce Cartwright land on him and force his arm the wrong way. The way that the Eels defenders immediately stopped indicated just how bad it was.

The Panthers’ bench confirmed that it has been popped back in minutes after the incident, but Penrith must now wait on the severity of the injury with just two weeks until the Finals begin.

“We’re going to have to wait until he gets scanned tomorrow,” said Ivan Cleary. “It’s obviously a decent injury but they were fairly positive about it. 

9 hours ago, Graham said:

Yes, ball out wide catches Panthers defence out and Sivo is in at the corner.

Game set and match.

The full house at Pantherville didn’t expect this.

Great performance and result for Parramatta who are the better of these two sides today.

So Broncos can go top this weekend when it really matters.

Do the broncos want the minor premiership….and prospect of playing storm in play offs. Havent beaten storm since man landed on the moon…or something like that.

Already resting some this week.

They play storm next week as well so it would be two consecutive weeks broncos v storm at suncorp. I cant see either team showing their hand next week if it looks like they will meet again the following week.

35 minutes gone, and the Dragons have one player available on the bench. 

WAR 10:0 SGI

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think I heard Lomax had passed his HIA, so the Dragons' plight is not as bad as it was a few minutes ago.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lomax scores/converts, and the Dragons have been looking good all this half. The Warriors are not safe in this game.

WAR 10:6 SGI

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’ve posted before about a rising trend of fullbacks and wingers raising and extending a leg with studs showing as they catch a high ball . Again here O’Sullivan got a mush full of boot and was left bleeding but it’s cleared by ref and bunker . With player welfare and ‘ duty of care ‘ all the rage , and penalties given all the time for things that may not be deliberate but are dangerous or reckless and have a bad outcome I don’t get how these keep getting ok’d . A guy chasing a kick is looking at the ball he’s not looking at a load of studs or a leg bearing down on him . That is not a natural movement 

Edited by DavidM