What do we pay players ?

gilbert08

I agree, it is between the player and the club. However, hopefully the accounts will indicate how much in total was spent on players wages with coaching and others shown separately. The fans are constantly asked to support various initiatives to fund players so it is only right to give some feedback via the accounts of what money is going where.

14 hours ago, gilbert08 said:

Just wondering what kind of wages we pay to players ? 

in assume the big earners will be 

samutt ( someone said 60k) , Wood , Burke , Worthington etc….

also wonder what the locals earns I assume peanuts compared to the “ out of towners “

It will always be like that “out of towners” getting the big money and the locals getting the scraps. Always has been always will be it’s a shame really

5 hours ago, red square said:

I agree, it is between the player and the club. However, hopefully the accounts will indicate how much in total was spent on players wages with coaching and others shown separately. The fans are constantly asked to support various initiatives to fund players so it is only right to give some feedback via the accounts of what money is going where.

Does the club publish full accounts? I thought that they would only ever give abbreviated accounts, being a small company.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, gilbert08 said:

My apologies gents i didn’t expect it to go down like this I’m sorry if you think I was coming across as cheeky by asking I was just interested but I do now agree it should be between players & club so my apologies. 

But it isn't a daft question, is it?

Are players getting £10k contracts, or £15k, £20k................?

Without wanting to know the actual details of individual's payments it is quite reasonable to want to know how much or little Championship players are getting paid. I'm sure that a couple of years ago Hull's owner was reckoning that his SL players got an average on £80K. What might be the average, or better still the median, in the Championship?

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, gilbert08 said:

My apologies gents i didn’t expect it to go down like this I’m sorry if you think I was coming across as cheeky by asking I was just interested but I do now agree it should be between players & club so my apologies. 

I don't think it's a daft question either. I guess a lot of the reasoning for wanting to know comes down to the perceived value of a player to your team. Using Sammut as an example as you mentioned him, you probably don't think he's worth 60k a year but if he was on 10k a year I'm sure you'd want to retain him. 

We've had lots of players this season at Keighley that are supposedly on good money. Looking at our league position you can hardly say it's been good value and the money has been well spent, and as a fan you've got to take it into consideration when assessing a player/team/club.

• Like 2