Toulouse or London

3 hours ago, Damien said:

Lets go with the amateur game though and lets ignore that many SL clubs already do loads in their own areas and beyond. How much would you divert away from SL, the Championship and L1 to fund the amateur game out of the £17 or so million once the RFL take their cut? How would you expect the clubs who you are already saying are in debt and need every penny they can to survive?

To be fair @Rovers13 is not wrong to be concerned with the grass roots fall in popularity, I still go quite a lot to watch the community game at various levels as I have done for many years, and the popularity is waining fast. In your town the massive hotbed that was the Wigan amatuer scene is a mere shadow of what it was just 25 years.

I often hear all sports are suffering in the numbers of people especially juniors that are participating, but that is not a solution to the problem, RL in my opinion is on a presipice if we don't arrest the fall in its popularity and start attracting more people especially young uns to take part, it will be the fastest way that the sport will fail never mind anything else.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1