Sky sports fixture webpage

Eddie

It’s disappointing that they only list England v Tonga in future fixtures, despite NZ v Samoa being on Sky Sports Arena tomorrow morning and Fiji v Cook Islands on the same channel on Sunday morning, not to mention the two women’s test matches on Sky this weekend. By comparison their football fixtures list all sorts, eg the Hungarian league and women’s French league. I know football is far more popular but surely they should be listing RL fixtures that they’re actually broadcasting  

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/fixtures

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s disappointing that they only list England v Tonga in future fixtures, despite NZ v Samoa being on Sky Sports Arena tomorrow morning and Fiji v Cook Islands on the same channel on Sunday morning, not to mention the two women’s test matches on Sky this weekend. By comparison their football fixtures list all sorts, eg the Hungarian league and women’s French league. I know football is far more popular but surely they should be listing RL fixtures that they’re actually broadcasting  

I guess it depends who supplies their fixtures, as they're not on the BBC site either.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yes I had to search to find them 

....disappointing 

On 20/10/2023 at 23:52, RigbyLuger said:

I guess it depends who supplies their fixtures, as they're not on the BBC site either.

Looking at the fixtures currently listed on the BBC website:

- Like last week they list England v Tonga

- Again they don't list the Pacific fixtures (Australia v New Zealand and PNG v Fiji).

- Unexpectedly they list Italy v South Africa which is taking place in Sydney - I can't imagine why they list this but not Pacific Cup or Bowl.

- The other internationals (not listed) this weekend are Czech Rep v Netherlands and two matches between Greece and Ukraine (Sat & Sun). I didn't expect those to be listed (but perhaps it should be).

The following week:

- The 3rd Tonga test is showing

- Two matches between South Africa v Kenya (in Pretoria) are listed

- The Pacific comps finals are missing.

- Germany v Poland, Norway v Greece & Jamaica v USA not listed

In womens internationals - Wales' match v England on 4th Nov is listed, but not their match with France on 29th Oct (this Sunday)

The England v France wheelchair game isn't listed.

Does anyone have any idea what criteria they use for the fixtures that are listed?

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

Looking at the fixtures currently listed on the BBC website:

- Like last week they list England v Tonga

- Again they don't list the Pacific fixtures (Australia v New Zealand and PNG v Fiji).

- Unexpectedly they list Italy v South Africa which is taking place in Sydney - I can't imagine why they list this but not Pacific Cup or Bowl.

- The other internationals (not listed) this weekend are Czech Rep v Netherlands and two matches between Greece and Ukraine (Sat & Sun). I didn't expect those to be listed (but perhaps it should be).

The following week:

- The 3rd Tonga test is showing

- Two matches between South Africa v Kenya (in Pretoria) are listed

- The Pacific comps finals are missing.

- Germany v Poland, Norway v Greece & Jamaica v USA not listed

In womens internationals - Wales' match v England on 4th Nov is listed, but not their match with France on 29th Oct (this Sunday)

The England v France wheelchair game isn't listed.

Does anyone have any idea what criteria they use for the fixtures that are listed?

perhaps they rely on the organiser of the fixtures to inform them

6 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

perhaps they rely on the organiser of the fixtures to inform them

Perhaps. Nonetheless I would've hoped that one of their rugby league reporters would have asked for at least Pacific Cup/Bowl fixtures to be added.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

more than likely its done by AI 

Well someone should tell Alan to pull his finger out.

Edited by HawkMan
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

I doubt it, unless the organisers of the Hungarian league are asking the BBC to publish their fixtures. 

Maybe they did !! According to the Office of National Statistics in 2019 there were 98,000 people of Hungarian birth in the U.K.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Maybe they did !! According to the Office of National Statistics in 2019 there were 98,000 people of Hungarian birth in the U.K.

Fair enough, although the proportion of those who are interested in the Nemzeti Bajnokság I are unlikely to use the BBC as their go to Hungarian football forum.