WOW, the forum boards are going to be red hot tomorrow.

RogerT

I assume that everyone criticising the system has read this first: Grading Handbook (Final Version).pdf (rugby-league.com)

It has been available since June. It can take a little bit of going through but it has a logic and significantly greater transparency than anything else that has come out of RL for many a year. The guesswork for most of us smaller club fans relates to the finances which will only be known by shareholders.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

26 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Sheffield , York,  barrow ,swinton have too

In fact I think there's only Batley , Toulouse , Whitehaven ,Doncaster and dewsbury in the championship who don't have a ladies team 

Let’s see what happens. We are ready for the next step I think. Hopefully Kevin agrees and we see this in the next couple of years.

3 hours ago, Bulldogs29 said:

Can a championship club set up a women’s team? 

😃😃😃

I get that not everyone's going to be into Women's sport, but you must have missed that York are the 2023 Women's Super League champions, having defeated Leeds in front of a paying crowd of over 4,500 (and live on Sky) at the LNER stadium earlier this month.

Fev and Barrow have just won promotion to the top tier for next year (joining York, Leeds, Saints, Wigan, Warrington and Huddersfield)

You get no extra points for running a women's team in the ratings (though it is a requirement to get an "A" grade)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RogerT said:

We all would love to hear from Kevin,

Newcastle are trying to revive the club and have completed the process so good luck to them.

Barrow do run a women's team not sure about any wheelchair involvement.

Batley have not got there wheelchair team off the start line yet. 

We at Barrow have just seen our Ladies team get promoted to the Super League Group 1 and we also have an Able Raiders team which competes. I think our grading is quite fair, however the on field performances should carry far more weight than what it currently does!! 

• Like 1

I wonder if the club will be releasing the scores for each strand of the indicative grading we received this week. More clubs are releasing theirs, which is revealing in itself. I would be interested in these and how we might improve on them. The 'fandom' strand might be particularly interesting.

Edited by distantdog

I am away on holiday until tomorrow but did send an initial statement through which should be out there soon i think.

Batley Bulldogs voted against Grading as it was very vaguely presented so I certainly am not positive but when we have chance to review it there will be a more detailed response.

BUT i can say when i get back Grading is not our priority at the moment

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2