Clubs printing programmes in 2024

8 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Inevitably, the world in which we arrive is very different to the one we leave. 'Twas ever thus.

Different…but not necessarily better.

A Rugby league game without a programme is like fish without chips.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

The NCL's Leigh Miners Rangers will have a programme (£3, included with admission) on sale at Saturday's Challenge Cup second round tie with Stanningley.

I've got 136 Leigh Miners' programmes going back to 1977 and, I am also acknowledged in their 50 year anniversary book for my statistical contribution. I'm tempted to go tomorrow, especially as a good friends' Son plays for them but, I just don't have the same love for RL as I used to have. The RFL seem hell bent on destroying the game below Super Greed. I started to watch non league football about 8 years ago and will probably attend my 161st new ground tomorrow - Alsager Town. I have checked and they do have a programme!

• Like 1

Bradford Bulls did a team sheet for today's pre season fixture with Leeds available from club shop and tea bars around the ground, I believe they also did the same for the two previous games v Hull and Halifax .

• Like 2

I emailed York, to ask what they had planned this season, and received this reply:

Over time we plan to go fully digital with our programmes however in 2024 we plan to offer a limited number of printed programmes on Knights home league games.

For the 1895 games and Valkyrie [the women's team] matches we will be using Digital only.

Edited by Hopping Mad

On 28/01/2024 at 11:55, Hopping Mad said:

North Wales Crusaders are offering a printed magazine (£2). Don't know whether it's issued for each home game or periodically.

Looks like this will be available at every home game therefore, effectively, a programme. Plugged as a 'programme' in the club's hospitality blurb ahead of the 1895 Cup game with Widnes on February 18.

Edited by Hopping Mad

16 hours ago, Stephen P said:

nothing seen at batley today but rumours of a team sheet.

Featherstone done foc photocopied team sheets for pre-season games and will probably do these for all other games.

Be interesting to know if Batley Sporting Foundation (assisted by Batley Independent Supporters' Squadbuilder Association), as last season, plans to produce printed programmes for selected Batley home games. BISSA tells me (5/2) it hasn't heard anything from the foundation about 2024 programmes.

Free, photocopied teamsheets were available (according to socials) at Doncaster yesterday. No indication Dons are repeating last season's experiment of a 'season' programme/brochure. I picked up a copy at Doncaster last year - and surprisingly good it was, too. Bizarrely, though, on the day I attended, Doncaster made no obvious attempt to sell it. It wasn't available either in the club shop or on the concourse; only from the ticket office, which didn't have any on display (they were in a box, out of sight, on a back shelf; I had to ask). And, of course, the ticket office wasn't open for post-match sales.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Stanningley aren't doing a programme - "unfortunately", they say on Facebook - for Saturday's Challenge Cup tie with Wath Brow Hornets. But a teamsheet will be available "on admission" (£4). Suggests Stanningley - reliable issuers, generally - will have a w/a programme at their National Conference League games.

Edited by Hopping Mad

On 19/01/2024 at 10:53, Celtic Roosters said:

I was 68 on Wednesday and I have a collection of about 9,000 RL programmes that I can't take with me when I die.  My interest in RL has not been the same since 1999, when I realised that super greed is going to kill off the rest of the game, and I even stopped watching my own local club because they were/still are in that competition. My dismay has become worse since so many clubs, including my local club, don't produce programmes anymore. I have not made a final decision yet but, I have been considering for a while now that I might sell off my collection. Ideally I would like somebody to take them all but I realise most people only collect programmes relating to their own clubs. Anybody got any ideas please? If I decide to get rid? 

You might try this firm if you have rare programmes in your collection.

Rugbyreplay - Programmes and memorabilia

I do not think Tony Lazenby's Yorkshire programmes is still going - I think they switched to badge selling.

I agree with the general tone in this thread. A matchday programme means you are at an event. I have a collectioon of RL programmes including all London Broncos Home matches from 1996 until they ceased publication along with American Football, Rugby Union and Cricket. For me it's the story of a lifetime hence why I hang on to them.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On the off chance anybody gets excited about digital programmes, this is Thatto Heath's 16-page, free-to-download offering for this afternoon's Challenge Cup third round tie with Featherstone Rovers. More than Rovers can manage!

https://www.flipsnack.com/5A5DBEFF8D6/match-programme-2024-dtjepk16rh/full-view.html

Edited by Hopping Mad

On 29/01/2024 at 16:52, the man said:

Barrow will be having a programme for all Championship and cup games, probably £2.

Confirmed by Karen (I'm sure you know, behind the scenes, the role she fills), who tells me the cover price will be £2.

Edited by Hopping Mad

On 11/02/2024 at 11:39, THE RED ROOSTER said:

You might try this firm if you have rare programmes in your collection.

Rugbyreplay - Programmes and memorabilia

I do not think Tony Lazenby's Yorkshire programmes is still going - I think they switched to badge selling.

I agree with the general tone in this thread. A matchday programme means you are at an event. I have a collectioon of RL programmes including all London Broncos Home matches from 1996 until they ceased publication along with American Football, Rugby Union and Cricket. For me it's the story of a lifetime hence why I hang on to them.

Thanks, I approached these people, and Gardenia Press, who I have bought programmes from in the past. One of them sent a very nice message back explaining why they were not interested and the other didn't reply. I have been to Tony Lazenby's home in the past but he doesn't deal in programmes any more. I might have to split them up? I've had interest from somebody who is interested in my Oldham St. Annes (26), Saddleworth Rangers (36), Blackpool Gladiators and Trafford Borough (30) programmes. He might also be interested in Higginshaw (1), Waterhead (15) and Oldham Standard cup finals (11)? I have programmes from every game Celtic Crusaders game ever played, home and away. I don't like splitting them up but I think the programme versus Brisbane Broncos at Bridgend (a warm up for the world club championship) might be worth more to fans in Brisbane. My brother is here from Adelaide at the moment. He gets to Brisbane once a year and I went with him last March. I think I will let him take it back with him. I also have a commemorative shirt from that game that doesn't fit me any more! LOL.