Clubs printing programmes in 2024

According to the club website, Leeds Rhinos will have only 250 copies of their Ignition Sports Media-produced 'Blue & Amber' programme, a 48-pager (£4), for sale on matchdays at Headingley.

A postal subscription service - £75 - is available. It covers the club's 13 Super League games, along with any Challenge Cup ties and play-off fixtures.

Individual match copies (£4, plus P&P) are available, also through Ignition Sports Media.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/article/19896/guarantee-your-collectors-edition-of-blue-&-amber

Edited by Hopping Mad

On 14/02/2024 at 10:58, Hopping Mad said:

To collate what I think we know, as of 16/2 (any help filling the blanks and/or corrections appreciated):

Super League/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Leeds (48pp, £4, 250 for sale on matchday, £75 season subscription and £4+P&P individual match copies through Ignition Sports Media), Leigh, Warrington (£3, £70 season subscription and £3+P&P individual match copies through Ignition Sports Media), Wigan (£4).

Digital programme: Leeds (48pp, free, available only to 2024 club members), Leigh, St Helens ('Saints and Proud', free to download via zeeon.co.uk), Warrington.

Printed magazine: Castleford ('Roar', £2, monthly, in-season only).

Nothing: Hull FC.

Others TBC.

Championship/1895 Cup/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Barrow (£2), Swinton (£3), York (£3, league games only, with a "limited" print run).

Digital programme: York (league and 1895 Cup).

Printed teamsheet: Bradford (free, available from the stadium bars), Doncaster (free, available, from 2pm, in the stadium restaurant and on the concourse), Featherstone (free).

Digital teamsheet: Sheffield (available via socials).

Nothing: Batley (possibly a printed teamsheet available), Dewsbury.

Others TBC.

League One/1895 Cup/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: North Wales ('The Crusader', £2, each home game).

Printed teamsheet: Hunslet (free), Rochdale (available in 'hospitality', at least).

Digital magazine: Keighley ('Pride', monthly, 26pp, free).

Nothing: Cornwall, Oldham.

Others TBC.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Printed programme: Leeds (32pp, £3, through Ignition Sports Media).

Printed teamsheet: Bradford (free, available from club shop and tea bars), Doncaster (free, available, from 2pm, in stadium restaurant and on the concourse), Featherstone (free).

Testimonials

Printed programme: James Donaldson, Leeds v Hull KR, 4/2/24 (32pp, £3, through Ignition Sports Media).

Printed brochure: Scott Taylor, Hull FC (£5).

Amateurs

Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Clock Face (24pp, £1), Doncaster Toll Bar (8pp, £3, w/a), Fryston (4pp, £1), Leigh MR (£3, w/a), Lock Lane (8pp, 50p), Lowca (4pp, £3, w/a), Orrell St James (8pp, £1), Royal Air Force (4pp, free).

Printed teamsheet: Stanningley (£4, w/a), Thatto Heath (free, colour).

Digital programme: Royal Navy (7pp, free), Thatto Heath (16pp, free).

National Conference League 

TBC.

Regional Leagues

TBC.

Women

Digital programme: York.

Others TBC.

Dewsbury do a printed teamsheet, available from the office foc.

• Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Good news from third tier Midlands Hurricanes, who in 2024 will be issuing a printed programme (£2). Assume it's being put together by Curtis Sport, a club sponsor. First programme from the club since they left Coventry for Birmingham?

London Broncos will have a digital match programme this 2024 Super League season. 

Their matchday guide for tomorrow evening's [23/2] game with Catalans Dragons includes: Digital matchday programmes will be available to download on the day. Simply scan one of the many barcodes situated around the [Wimbledon] stadium for exclusive gameday content including this week from David Hughes and Mike Eccles.

Super League rivals Warrington Wolves are offering print and digital options.

From the club website, warringtonwolves.com:

Feel part of the pack with a Warrington Wolves official programme subscription.

You can back The Wire every step of the way, starting by welcoming Hull FC to The Halliwell Jones Stadium on Friday 23 February, by taking out a subscription to the club’s official publication.

The club are making a free digital edition available every matchday to supporters. Fans can still get their ‘programme fix’ however by ordering hard copies exclusively through the club’s publication partners Ignition Sports Media.

This package covers all of the Wire’s 13 home games in the Super League, plus any home Challenge Cup ties, and costs £70, inclusive of postage to a UK and Ireland address only, from here. 

Each of the 32-page A5-size issues will be posted first-class after the fixture in question has taken place, and subscribers should expect delivery within five working days dependant on the Royal Mail service.

Please note that for issues already printed at the time a subscription is taken out, a back-order bundle will be sent to make sure you get the full season’s allocation. 

Edited by Hopping Mad

On 23/01/2024 at 08:28, clifford said:

RIP to the Oldham programme, nothing planned for 2024

Hi Clifford. I have lost the message you sent me. Please let me know again which programmes from my collection you are interested in and I will let you have them. I visit a friend of mine where you live so I will bring them up with me when I next visit. Buy me a pint and they are yours. I know you have a interest in Oldham teams St. Annes and Saddleworth Rangers but I have Waterhead, a couple of Higginshaw and some Standard cup finals. Let me know which ones you want and I will dig them out? PS watched Swinton .v. Oldham last night, but I'm fast losing interest in Rugby League. It's not the game I fell in love with any more.

National Conference League amateur clubs who have confirmed they shall be issuing printed match programmes in 2024 include Ellenborough Rangers (£3, with admission) and Heworth.

Nothing from Milford, however, this season, I'm advised.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Dewsbury Moor Maroons confirm they'll be 'in print' again this National Conference League season. For Saturday's opener against Waterhead Warriors, a 24-pager will be included with the £2.50 admission charge.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)

No printed programme at Bentley this season. The NCL Division Three club say: "Unfortunately, the cost of production and demand meant it wasn’t something we could sustain."

Also, East Leeds have confirmed they won't have a printed programme in 2024.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)

The NCL's Normanton Knights are again offering a digital programme. Check out their 20-pager (free to download, from the club's socials) for tomorrow's game with Dewsbury Celtic:

https://www.flipsnack.com/normantonknights/normanton-knights-v-dewsbury-celtic-2024.html

In the NCL's Premier Division, Hunslet ARLFC will be continuing with a printed programme. They'll have "a few available" at each home game.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)

Digital programme, free to download, from the club's socials, from the NCL's Oulton Raiders. The issue for yesterday's (9/3) game with Leigh Miners Rangers was a 39-pager.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S0B285A02VMLoKM9TItKC6NoNh2U0W4W/view

No programme (of any description) at the 9/3 Kells versus Egremont NCL derby.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)

Sheffield Eagles issued a printed programme (£3) for their Championship opener against Toulouse Olympique.

For their first NCL home game, against Premier Division rivals Kells, York Acorn offered a 12-page printed programme (included with £3 admission).

Edited by Hopping Mad

2 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

To collate what I think we know, as of 18/3 (any help filling the blanks and/or corrections appreciated):

Super League/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Leeds (48pp, £4, 250 for sale on matchday, £75 season subscription and £4+P&P individual match copies through Ignition Sports Media), Leigh (68pp, £3.50, individual match copies through MatchDayCreative), Warrington (32pp, £70 season subscription and £3+P&P individual match copies through Ignition Sports Media), Wigan (76pp, £4, individual match copies through MatchDayCreative).

Digital programme: Leeds (48pp, free, available only to 2024 club members), Leigh (through MatchDayCreative), London (scan a barcode at the stadium), St Helens ('Saints and Proud', free to download via zeeon.co.uk), Warrington (32pp, free), Wigan (76pp, £3, PDF, through MatchDayCreative).

Printed magazine: Castleford ('Roar', £2, monthly, in-season only).

Printed teamsheet: Salford (available from the stadium's main reception).

Nothing: Hull FC.

To be confirmed: Catalans, Huddersfield, Hull KR.

Championship/1895 Cup/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Barrow (£2), Sheffield (£3), Swinton (£3), York (£3, league games only, with a "limited" print run).

Digital programme: York (league and 1895 Cup).

Printed teamsheet: Bradford (free, available from the stadium bars), Dewsbury (free, from the club office), Doncaster (free, available, from 2pm, in the stadium restaurant and on the concourse), Featherstone (free).

Nothing: Batley (possibly a printed teamsheet available), Halifax, Wakefield, Widnes.

To be confirmed: Toulouse, Whitehaven.

League One/1895 Cup/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Midlands ('Eye of the Storm', £2, free with a 2024 Storm Card).

Note: for the 17/3 League One game with Cornwall, Keighley printed 40 copies of their monthly magazine (a digital version was offered also), but they were available only in 'hospitality'.

Printed magazine: North Wales ('The Crusader', £2, monthly, available from the stadium fanzone).

Printed teamsheet: Hunslet (free), Keighley (free, available from the club shop), Rochdale (available in 'hospitality', at least).

Digital magazine: Keighley ('Pride', monthly, 26pp, free), North Wales ('The Crusader', £2, monthly).

Nothing: Cornwall, Newcastle, Oldham, Workington.

World Club Challenge @ Wigan

Printed programme: £8 (copies through MatchDayCreative).

Pre-Season Friendlies

Printed programme: Leeds (32pp, £3, copies through Ignition Sports Media).

Printed teamsheet: Bradford (free, available from club shop and tea bars), Doncaster (free, available, from 2pm, in stadium restaurant and on the concourse), Featherstone (free).

Testimonials

Printed programme: James Donaldson, Leeds v Hull KR, 4/2/24 (32pp, £3, through Ignition Sports Media).

Printed brochure: Scott Taylor, Hull FC (£5).

Amateurs

Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Clock Face (24pp, £1), Doncaster Toll Bar (8pp, £3, w/a), Fryston (4pp, £1), Leigh MR (£3, w/a), Lock Lane (8pp, 50p), Lowca (4pp, £3, w/a), Orrell St James (8pp, £1), Royal Air Force (4pp, free).

Printed teamsheet: Stanningley (£4, w/a), Thatto Heath (free, colour).

Digital programme: Royal Navy (7pp, free), Thatto Heath (16pp, free).

National Conference League 

Printed programme: Clock Face (24pp, £1), Dewsbury Celtic, Dewsbury Moor (24pp, £2.50, w/a), Distington, Egremont (£3, w/a), Ellenborough (£3, w/a), Hensingham (£3, w/a), Heworth, Hunslet, Leigh Miners (£3, w/a), Lock Lane (8pp, 50p), Millom, Pilkington (£3, w/a), Seaton, Skirlaugh, Stanningley (£1), Thornhill (£2), Wath Brow (£4, w/a), York Acorn (12pp, £3, w/a).

Digital programme: Egremont (free to download, post-match, from the club's socials), Normanton (20pp, free to download, from the club's socials), Oulton (39pp, free to download, from the club's socials), Thatto Heath (16pp, free to download, from the club's socials).

Nothing: Bentley, Beverley, Crosfields, East Leeds, Hull Dockers, Kells, Milford, Myton, Oldham SA, Shaw Cross, Siddal, Wigan St Judes, Woolston.

To be confirmed: Barrow Island, Drighlington, Featherstone Lions, Ince RB, Leigh East, Rochdale Mayfield, Saddleworth, Waterhead, West Bowling, West Hull, Wigan SP.

Regional Leagues

To be confirmed.

Women

Super League

Digital programme: York.

To be confirmed: Barrow, Featherstone, Huddersfield, Leeds, St Helens, Warrington, Wigan.

Well done to Midlands Hurricanes...its not too difficult after all, to print a programme. I would suggest the majority of clubs just can't be bothered, as opposed to a cost issue.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Well done to Midlands Hurricanes...its not too difficult after all, to print a programme. I would suggest the majority of clubs just can't be bothered, as opposed to a cost issue.

Let's face it, if amateur clubs can come up with a decent programme (and not lose money on it), there is no reason why semi-pro and pro clubs can't. One suspects it is far easier for young club press officers to bash out a few characters of inane drivel on social media than it is to put together a proper match programme.

Must be something in the water in York, mind, because York Knights, York Acorn and Heworth each offer printed programmes this season.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1