NRL on Sky Sports

I was looking forward to watching the Parramatta Eels v Bulldogs game on Sky Sports today and noticed it wasn't on...gutted as I though Sky Sport will be showing most NRL games as well the Super League 😞 looks like I cancel the Sports and just get the NRL App but wondering can you get past games from the season ?

4 hours ago, EggFace said:

I was looking forward to watching the Parramatta Eels v Bulldogs game on Sky Sports today and noticed it wasn't on...gutted as I though Sky Sport will be showing most NRL games as well the Super League 😞 looks like I cancel the Sports and just get the NRL App but wondering can you get past games from the season ?

I’ve subscribed to WatchNRL for quite a few seasons now. It suits me as I can watch games on PC, iPad and iPhone. I have a Roku box, a small thing, that lets me mirror my iPhone on to my large screen tv.

All the matches are available to watch. All Round 1 games played are there to watch again in full.

You can also view previous season’s games.

I’ve seen the annual fee I pay climb, but currently think it’s worth it.

You get every game, Origin, Play offs etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want every single game, WatchNRL is the only legal way. Plus they show WNRL, Southern Hemisphere Internationals and magazine programmes too. Basically, everything broadcast on Fox League 502 and Channel 9, apart from Super League.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If you want every single game, WatchNRL is the only legal way. Plus they show WNRL, Southern Hemisphere Internationals and magazine programmes too. Basically, everything broadcast on Fox League 502 and Channel 9, apart from Super League.

All good stuff …. Oh and the Matty Johns show

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for that also I got a Sky Glass Tv so wonder if the Apple or Google app works you can watch the games on the tv.

I haven't got a Sky Glass TV.

I found this though:

Glass televisions do not have a general casting or mirroring function: for that you'd need to attach a device over HDMI such as a Chromecast, Firestick, Roku or Apple TV.

Not sure if that's relevant to your  statement above.

I bought a Roku box, v small, and use that when I occasionally watch on my large screen tv. I don't find the quality of the picture quiite as good as on my other appliances. They now do a 4K & HDR Roku box which I suppose gives a better quality picture. it's a one off payment (£39.99). They do a cheaper box too (£29.99).

Edited by Graham
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Graham said:

I found this though:

Glass televisions do not have a general casting or mirroring function: for that you'd need to attach a device over HDMI such as a Chromecast, Firestick, Roku or Apple TV.

I bought a Roku box, v small, and use that when I occasionally watch on my large screen tv. I don't find the quality of the picture quiite as good as on my other appliances. They now do a 4K & HDR Roku box which I suppose gives a better quality picture. it's a one off payment (£39.99). They do a cheaper box too (£29.99).

Cheers for that...ended up watching the Parra game on YouTube with quality being 80% fine...I know there is TNT but wish Sky had a both codes Rugby channel...even with the other Football codes aside from Soccer.

18 hours ago, Graham said:

I found this though:

I started with a basic Fire TV Stick. One of the changes when I replaced it with a 4k version was that the upgraded processor made the control a lot more responsive, compared to the sluggish original.

My TV won't do 4k resolution, but the new Fire Stick's picture quality is very good and it is just a better experience overall. More internal storage for apps, too, and it doesn't run anywhere near as hot. The base model tends to be a false economy in these sort of gadgets..

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson