NRL Heritage Locations

On 22/03/2024 at 12:39, Mojo said:

That stat is crazy. Imagine if the heritage players starts committing to Samoa, I don't think it'll weaken the Kangaroos but it'll make it a even playing field for every nation

What happens in a generation's time, when players no longer have a grandparent born in Samoa/Tonga/Wherever ?

Or two generations time ?

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

6 minutes ago, Griff said:

What happens in a generation's time, when players no longer have a grandparent born in Samoa/Tonga/Wherever ?

Well, I'd imagine, could be wrong, that there has been continued immigration from those areas and players from different families more recently arrived would benefit from this arrangement. Meanwhile, yes, some families have been there longer and some players, whose families have been in Australia for more than 3 generations would not qualify. 

To me that would seem fairly reasonable, but there are often quirky exceptions around those born away from home or who have moved to and fro. I could see why someone would be upset not to be eligible to play for great grandparents' country of birth if the whole family had retained strong cultural links, knowing their position might be taken by someone who just happens to have been 'resident' in the country to some extent for say 5 years and become eligible that way.

23 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

It’s already happend mate, no need to imagine.

Haas, Tino (well he did but he was 18 years old at the time), Hammer (played half a game for samoa before getting injured), and pretty much half of the Kiwis squad. Dylan Brown would be a huge addition for Samoa. In saying that Samoa, can still field a strong squad even without those players anyways

1 Sua Faalogo

2 Brian To'o

3 Izack Tago

4 Stephen Crichton

5 Murray Taulagi

6 Jarome Luai

7 Chanel Harris-Tevita

8 Junior Paulo

9 Danny Levi

10 Stefano Utoikamanu

11 Heilum Luki

12 Jeremiah Nanai

13 Conelly Lemuelu

14 Gordon Chan Kum Tong

15 Tyrell May

16 Josh Papali'i

17 Jayd'n Sua

22 hours ago, Griff said:

I don't think that will ever happen unless Samoa or Tonga sinks under the sea lol

How many players were of African Heritage? Countries like Nigeria, Cameroon and Ghana have a lot of potential if a strong core of heritage players could be used to compliment existing domestic development 

29 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

How many players were of African Heritage? Countries like Nigeria, Cameroon and Ghana have a lot of potential if a strong core of heritage players could be used to compliment existing domestic development 

@HeCanPlayFor will reveal all from May 1st (X, Facebook and Instagram)

6 hours ago, going for the corner said:

I think it’s more the case of the rate of Polynesians continuing to migrate to Australia and New Zealand rather than Samoa or Tonga sinking under the sea.

That's my point. The Polynesians migrating to Nz and Australia will go on forever