The NRL Round 4 Match Thread

HT:  Brisbane  20   Cowboys  12

Why do these commentators keep saying "the original Qld derby?" Gold Coast, anyone?

What a chase, what a tackle! Take a bow, Tom Dearden.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

50min: Cobbo intercepts on his own 10m line and almost goes the distance before Dearden gets his body on the touch line a fraction before Cobbo grounds the ball.

The long-awaited return of Oates, followed by Mam chasing down his own grubber to (surely?) seal the game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Farmduck said:

75min: Oates try? Was he offside?

Iffy. Could have been denied by the VR there.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Impressive by the Broncos.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Latrell is facing a $1800 fine for his hip-to-the-head tackle on The Fox. Jack Wighton not charged for the hip-drop on Preston. I'm not sure it was a hip drop. The replay showed Preston's ankle buckle but I don't think Wighton's body made any contact with Preston's legs.

Kurt Morrin got 2 weeks for the lifting tackle on Cameron Murray. 

30° here so probably a bit cooler down by the Wollongong Ocean. Both sides need a win and games like these are ones they should target - neither side is an obvious top 4 contender so, if you can't beat these, then what makes you think you belong in the finals?

Sportsbet has Manly @ $1.37 and St George @ $2.93 and I think the Sea Beagles will win this. Both #7s have played more than 300 games which is unusual.

19min: Suli try but bunker finds an obstruction. That was Luciano Leilua's fault, he could have kept going through the Manly line and no obstruction.