The NRL Round 4 Match Thread

Right on the 40-minute mark The Fox gets pushed across the sideline just short of the tryline. Looks like Latrell got him in the head with his hip. Probably gonna be gone HIA.

HT:  Dogs  12  Bunnies  10

Addo Carr not coming back for second half HIA. I'd have to see a couple of angles of slo-mo on that tackle but what happened to the refs' "tackler's duty of care" line? Is that still on or what? Aside from that, what was the point of contact? If the initial point of contact was the head then does it matter that he hit him with the hip? Wouldn't that just be a penalty no matter what?

44min: Wighton try off a 70m move where Alex Johnston ran around Tracey and passed back in to Wighton

Latrell goal

Souths  16 - 12

50min: Kurtis Morrin gets 10 in the bin for a lifting, dangerous position tackle on Murray Cameron.

I can't believe the Dogs think Preston might be returning. He went straight to ground and stayed there with no sign of even attempting to stand. That's gotta be a Category 1, surely.

75 min: Doggies short drop out doesn't go the 10. Bunnies penalty right in front.

Latrell goal

Souths 20 - 12

80min: Connor Tracey try. Burton missed the kick after they wasted 20 seconds deciding whether to decline the kick

Dogs  16 - 20

41 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

50min: Kurtis Morrin gets 10 in the bin for a lifting, dangerous position tackle on Murray Cameron.

I can't believe the Dogs think Preston might be returning. He went straight to ground and stayed there with no sign of even attempting to stand. That's gotta be a Category 1, surely.

Absolutely. Head injury protocol completely absent there. Had the bunker doctor gone AWOL?

Not so much a game of two halves as two halves in one half with Souths taking an early lead through Tom Burges followed up by a first try for Jack Wighton in myrtle and green.

Then things swung after Canterbury failed to capitalise on  series of sets first Kikau combined with the Fox to set up Matt Burton under the posts before a Burton 40-20 saw Connor Tracey give the Dogs a 10-12 lead at the half.

The second half saw Jack Wighton on the left edge put Souths back in front during a nervy second half thst saw a Kikau try chalked off for obstruction and Wighton bomb another opportunity on the left edge.

Souths withstood a lot of prssure from the Dogs but were prone to switch off at times. For example no longer has Latrell Mitchell apparently iced the game with a penalty under 2 minutes left to majenit 20-12 than Souths switch off and Connor Tracey again nips in to narrow the score although Burton misses the convesaion the game is nit done until Latrell defuses a bomb in the last seconds.

Souths remain a good team badly coached and the Bulldogs remain next years team as things are coming together at Canterbury.

Attendance 35,325 iirc largely Bulldogs fans whichvus what happens when you share a home venue.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

10 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Not so much a game of two halves as two halves in one half with Souths taking an early lead through Tom Burges followed up by a first try for Jack Wighton in myrtle and green.

Myrtle IS green. Cardinal red and myrtle green.

Edited by Farmduck

Heavy rain at Suncorp but I don't know who benefits. Probably the Horsies because they're a bit understrength and the conditions might slow down the Cows.

6mins: Taulagi drops the high kick and knocks it forward to another Cow.

Reynolds penalty goal

Brisbane 8 - 0

13min: Arthars try after another Reynolds kick not handled by Cows.

Reynolds goal from out wide

Broncos  14 - 0

16min: Exxcellent response from Cows. Taulagi run down sideline, kicks high back inside, Valentine takes it and scores.

Holmes goal

Bovines 6  Equines  14

Decent game, this. Especially considering the rainy weather.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson