The NRL Round 4 Match Thread

A couple of late changes for the NZers:

Leo Thompson (suspension) and Dane Gagai (medical condition) are the two players missing from the line up, with Daniel Saifiti and Dylan Lucas to take their places in the starting side.

Jack Hetherington comes back into the side after missing a week through injury.

For the Warriors, easily the biggest line up-related news is favourite son Roger Tuivasa-Sheck set to wear the No. 1 jersey for the club for the first time since 2021.

Tuivasa-Sheck is arguably the greatest Warriors fullback of all time. Since returning from a two-year stint in rugby union this season, he has been playing in the centres.

But injuries to Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and young gun Taine Tuaupiki have forced coach Andrew Webster to put RTS to the back.

Hooker Wayde Egan returns to the side, as does Marata Niukore while Jazz Tevaga is a late swap for Dylan Walker, who will miss his second straight game (ankle).

Freddy Lussick has also been dropped to 18th man with Chanel Harris-Tavita replacing him on the bench.

Rocco Berry grounds it but he must have juggled the ball into a Knight, maybe?

Off to the bunker ...

b7vuZ5x.jpeg

No Try!

• Like 1

16min: Jackson Ford try. May the Ford be with you.

Johnson goal

6 - 0

Warriors seemed to be on top but took a while to cash in.

19min: Way Deegan runs straight through the middle from dummy half and passes to Harris-Tevita who scores.

Johnson goal

Warriors 12 - 0

35min: Frizell try off a nice kick from Gamble. Still had some work to do from 10m out.

Pong goal

Knights 6 - 12

75min: As soon as I go for a leak, Ponga puts a kick through for Best to score.

Pong goal

Knights  12 - 20

Now Ponga gets involved and Knights make a 60m break which comes to nought. Where was this 30 minutes ago?

I watched both on catch-up, so avoided this thread. The Warriors were very impressive, with RTS looking like he's back up to speed after his sabbatical with the Dark Side. Kai Pearce-Paul again looked impressive, making good post-tackle metres.

The Raiders started off at 100mph and it looked like the Sharks were going to get smashed in an error-strewn contest. But the home side steadied the ship and Canberra got sloppy and tired.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A remarkable game that hinged on two moments. Canberra cruised into a 18 point lead with their forwards making big yards. Then there was apparent a fumbke by the Sharkies on poor field position.

This was overturned by a bunker review. Cronulla went down the field and scored, then Corey Horsburgh kocked on in the table, Sharks in again. Then the Raiders made  a complete hash of a kick into the corner and Sharkies had three tries in under 10 minutes and almost a fourth before the break with another Raider knock on.

The second half started out an arm wrestle and following a William Kennedy fumble had repeat sets before Horsburgh again knocked on.

Sharks went down the field and scored and then repeated a 30 point swing since the bunker decision with Nicholas Hynes being a dead eyed dick from the sidelines. 

Canberra pulled one back 7 mins from the end but could my concert with Sharkies adminstering the coup de grace just before the final hooter.

All this despite being forward lite. Ricky's press conference may be interesting....

Attendance 12615 iirc

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

6 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Some highlights today from RTS

A lowlight...... Made no attempt to put his foot anywhere near the ball in his PTB's.

Probably seeking to emulate Tedesco who can go a whole season of PTB's without his foot ever being near the ball.

14 hours ago, George Watt said:

A lowlight...... Made no attempt to put his foot anywhere near the ball in his PTB's.

Probably seeking to emulate Tedesco who can go a whole season of PTB's without his foot ever being near the ball.

I have noticed it’s become pretty common place across the whole NRL this year

• Like 1