The NRL Round 4 Match Thread

10min: Morgan Harper grounds it but he had a foot on the line when he grabbed the ball.

Both "tries" had some good skills but, to be fair, they were both on the teams' first trip into good field position.

16min: Sivo try. Just when I was thinking Wests were doing well in defence on that side. 

Russell kicking today. Missed

Eels  4 - 6

Wests' defence is quite impressive but we'll soon see how much the first 40 took out of them. Parra had 58% of the ball and 70% of the territory in the fur staff.

44min: Hopgood breaks through the middle and passes to King Gutho who crosses under the posts.

Converts his own try

Parra 12 - 6

Bizarre scrum sequence around the 61-minute mark. Two identical scrums on the same spot with same result - a scrum. Both times the ball went to Bula who passed but ball was knocked on in the tackle by Morgan Harper.

68min: 50m try by Wests after Galvin makes a break and passes back in to Bula who goes under the posts.

Koroisau goal

Wests 16 - 14

Then Parra get a penalty from the short restart - Wests knock it forward into a team mate.

Gutho misses the kick from 40m out

FT:  Wests  17  Parra  16

Another turn up for the books  West Tigers took the lead through Juston Olam and then withstood substantial Paramatta pressure throughout the half. The Count of Commbank, Maika Sivo pulled o e back for Paramatta before a penalty by the shaven Clint Guthrrson on tbe half time hooter levelled the scores.

The second half started out as an arm wrestle until fi ally there was clean break and Gutherson , the beating heart of Paramatta nipped under the posts to put Parra in front.

There then followed some sustained Paramatta pressure before what turned out to be the turning point in the game with Lachlan Galvin sent to the sin bin.

Now with Gutherson kicking the 2 points at 14-6 and Wests down to 20 men.Game over surely. Not a bit of it John Bateman and Api Korosau rallied the Tigers and led by example,as West held out during Galvin,s absence.

Once back on you could see why Benji has faith in young Galvin as first Bula scored to narrow the gap then Galvin made a second try for Olam.

At that point the stadium rocked to the  chant of Tigers, Tigers. Paramatta knew they had to get back In the game and with an infraction near the sticks Gutherson opted fir the two points to square the vores with about 3-4 mins left.Thus brought things down to drop goal territory

After a Sezer effort from distance that ended well wide but still gave good field position Wests were able to work to give Sezer a second chance trough Batemen and Korosau and he slotted a wobbly kick just over.

With about 46 seconds left Parras only  chance was an onside kick launched on to the left flank and a penalty ensued and you would have put your house on Gutherson converting but this went well wide.

Now most people would not have had Wests repeating but it can be argued that Wests are as far forward as the Bulldogs in their rebuild 

For Paramatta, this is a game they should have won if they want to be taken seriously as challengrts.

This is the last of my ramblings on games I have been at in Australia as I return to the UK tomorrow 😃

• Like 5

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

17 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Another turn up for the books  West Tigers took the lead through Juston Olam and then withstood substantial Paramatta pressure throughout the half. The Count of Commbank, Maika Sivo pulled o e back for Paramatta before a penalty by the shaven Clint Guthrrson on tbe half time hooter levelled the scores.

The second half started out as an arm wrestle until fi ally there was clean break and Gutherson , the beating heart of Paramatta nipped under the posts to put Parra in front.

There then followed some sustained Paramatta pressure before what turned out to be the turning point in the game with Lachlan Galvin sent to the sin bin.

Now with Gutherson kicking the 2 points at 14-6 and Wests down to 20 men.Game over surely. Not a bit of it John Bateman and Api Korosau rallied the Tigers and led by example,as West held out during Galvin,s absence.

Once back on you could see why Benji has faith in young Galvin as first Bula scored to narrow the gap then Galvin made a second try for Olam.

At that point the stadium rocked to the  chant of Tigers, Tigers. Paramatta knew they had to get back In the game and with an infraction near the sticks Gutherson opted fir the two points to square the vores with about 3-4 mins left.Thus brought things down to drop goal territory

After a Sezer effort from distance that ended well wide but still gave good field position Wests were able to work to give Sezer a second chance trough Batemen and Korosau and he slotted a wobbly kick just over.

With about 46 seconds left Parras only  chance was an onside kick launched on to the left flank and a penalty ensued and you would have put your house on Gutherson converting but this went well wide.

Now most people would not have had Wests repeating but it can be argued that Wests are as far forward as the Bulldogs in their rebuild 

For Paramatta, this is a game they should have won if they want to be taken seriously as challengrts.

This is the last of my ramblings on games I have been at in Australia as I return to the UK tomorrow 😃

Straight home or with a stop-over break. In any case enjoy the trip back.

14 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

That would have been difficult viewing for you FD 😂 

Yes it was. Wests may not do much better this year but they've certainly looked a lot better thus far. Seems to be a bit more starch in the defence. I was expecting Sivo to bulldoze down his flank all day but that didn't happen. They can withstand repeat sets and they have some attacking flair. Sezer, particularly as an organizing half, is a big improvement. Next week Galvin will be out so that won't help and playing Dolphins at Suncorp was always going to be tough.

One oddity about the Tigers win was that 2 bench players didn't play at all. Neither Kepaoa nor Sullivan got any game time.

8 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Yes it was. Wests may not do much better this year but they've certainly looked a lot better thus far. Seems to be a bit more starch in the defence. I was expecting Sivo to bulldoze down his flank all day but that didn't happen. They can withstand repeat sets and they have some attacking flair. Sezer, particularly as an organizing half, is a big improvement. Next week Galvin will be out so that won't help and playing Dolphins at Suncorp was always going to be tough.

I was surprised to see Sezer languishing in SL. I never thought he was outside NRL standard halfbacks. Good to see him return impressively.

7 hours ago, Farmduck said:

One oddity about the Tigers win was that 2 bench players didn't play at all. Neither Kepaoa nor Sullivan got any game time.

Reports today say Sullivan may struggle to get much more game time anyway.