Rochdale

41 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

I'm not on my own, that's for sure. I was there when Graeme came down to help Barrie and I was there for several years after. I know what happens behind closed doors and you don't. What would you rather have? A chairman who invests money into the club, who's a businessman and has an interest in rl or a chairman who works for a company at Sellafield, has 10 shares (£50) and openly admits their not interested in rugby league because they're a football person.  There's only one correct answer here.

So of all the things to stir you it's a flag.  No i'm not involved in the club you got me there but i've got eyes and i can see a bloke who is working hard to push this club forward. The last chairman however good he was was invisible , and i don't know Graeme either but maybe he's put his hand high in the air and admitted he doesn't know everything but he's prepared to learn and guess what he's got a rugby man in Garry Murdock at his shoulder. As you say somebody should step up but they haven't have they so we should give the bloke a bit of credit because it can't be an easy job. You say he's put no money in but how much money has he brought in from other sources? You're in the know so it'll be interesting to hear your views, i'm always open to hearing people's views doesn't mean i have to agree with them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

I'm not on my own, that's for sure. I was there when Graeme came down to help Barrie and I was there for several years after. I know what happens behind closed doors and you don't. What would you rather have? A chairman who invests money into the club, who's a businessman and has an interest in rl or a chairman who works for a company at Sellafield, has 10 shares (£50) and openly admits their not interested in rugby league because they're a football person.  There's only one correct answer here.

I think your being very harsh on the interim Chairman and seem to be bitter. Would it not be better that you put your name forward and join the board. It's not a one man band at the club u have Gary Murdoch General Manager doing a fantastic job in keeping everything in the straight and narrow. The blue knights do a terrific job and I bet non of them would be a director. There's a commercial person doing fantastic work dint knock the club join it at board level . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

It's also a real shame to see the official supporters club has such an aggressive person behind it. I think it’s fair to say you won't be getting anymore of my cash. 

What is a shame is you hiding behind a username on a forum making a personal attack against the interim chairman of the club. 

You seem to know a lot about what type of person should be running the club so maybe you should put some names forward as who can do the job. 

I think the moderator of this forum should ban you from posting, clearly on here to spout rubbish and cause trouble. Jog on. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

How are facts harsh? This club will get no where while Graeme is chairman. Is there anyone willing to put a bet on? 

His email is in a previous post, instead of running your mouth on here acting the big i am behind a fake name why dont you send him and email he has said he is happy to speak to anyone. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flaggymcflagface said:

Sad to hear a FAN has been told not to return to DP. It demonstrates the real state of the club and I'd place a bet with anyone, that it's just a matter of time before the club ends up in financial turmoil. 

We have a non executive chairman who has a max of 10 shares in the club (£50) and contributes nothing else. I was part of the club when said chairman came along to help Barry. The now chairman confirmed he knew nothing about rugby league, had no interest and was at the club to help Barry (others will confirm this) he said in a recent article he played rugby league...... no he hasn't. He works at Sellafield and has NO business background. Can someone please explain why he's the chairman of a semi professional rugby league club, which is run as a business? This is a man that admits he knows nothing about rugby league, never played, has no business experience and has a max of 10 shares. Now he's banning people for flying a flag! A recent coach also confirmed that there was no one at the club that got along with him and as matter of fact he held the club back. I'm happy debate if people think I'm wrong. 

I’m a good friend of the guy who has been banned, and I’m really disappointed it ended this way. Having said that, I find your post offensive to everyone associated with our club, fans included. You obviously aren’t a Town fan, why don’t you crawl back under your rock and let these admirable people on the BOD get on with running our great club. UTT (FREE THE DERWENT PARK ONE THOUGH😎🙏)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I’m a good friend of the guy who has been banned, and I’m really disappointed it ended this way. Having said that, I find your post offensive to everyone associated with our club, fans included. You obviously aren’t a Town fan, why don’t you crawl back under your rock and let these admirable people on the BOD get on with running our great club. UTT (FREE THE DERWENT PARK ONE THOUGH😎🙏)

Can you give his side of the story?

4 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

This will always be known as the flag gate scandal and I've heard on the grape vine, they'll be many unhappy supporters going to the next home game and they're going to cover the place in Workington Town flags, to see if Graeme will ban them also

No it won't and no they won't...

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

28 minutes ago, flaggymcflagface said:

Shut your trap Scott. Workington Town will always be a bottom league mid table team while GP is there. 

Think it’s about time you shut yours. Grow a pair and reveal who you are instead of spouting the rubbish you are behind a fake name. Sad man

• Like 3

1 minute ago, homeandawayer said:

Can you give his side of the story?

What Graeme said wasn’t far off the mark , he can be stubborn but certainly wouldnt speak to anyone in a confrontational or aggressive manner. Could they not have agreed to move both advertising boards across a foot or so to leave space for the flag 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, flaggymcflagface said:

He's maybe an approachable guy, but that's about it. An approachable guy doesn't make a good businessman. Prove me wrong on the bits I've outlined and I'd like hard evidence please. 

Blue knights keep the club propped up and they're the true bod. One of those guys should come forward and become chairman. To become a director there should be a criteria. I.e a certain amount should be invested into the club, evidence of running a business and having an interest in rugby league. 

The Blue Knights contributions to the club are well known and appreciated by all Town fans.  If any of them wanted to be Chairman or on the BOD, I’m sure they would have put their best foot forward before now. There isn’t exactly a queue forming. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

The user flaggymcflagface has been banned and their posts removed.

It's not appropriate to use our forums on TotalRL.com in that way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10