Should Michael Jennings have been allowed back into the NRL ?

Intersting article, since the league refuses to acknowledge his 300th game it smacks a bit of the NRL and Roosters being a bit two-faced here as this issue will reoccur during the Women in League round.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/08/whether-nrl-celebrates-jennings-milestone-or-not-is-irrelevant-the-real-issue-is-should-he-have-been-allowed-back/

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Whatever the rights or wrongs it does seem somewhat hypocritical of the NRL. If they find him not worthy of this recognition you might have thought they should have been consistent and kept him out of the game. However they seem to think despite his history he is okay to play then surely they aren’t being consistent. That’s just my view. I’m not a die hard Roosters fan. What will their approach be? You reckon they’ll mark the occasion in some way?

Edited by Graham

He got banned for drug usage .... theoretically, if he did the crime and he did the time, he should rightly be allowed to resume his career.

He reportedly hasn't paid his ex-partner any of the money owed to her in court-specified damages. It would seem to me that the same court could demand that a proportion of his rugby wages should be deducted at source and paid to his ex-partner.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I was more than a tad surprised that he’s been took on and back in the top list of the Roosters . You’d think they’d have juniors better than that 

Yes he should of been allowed to resume his career as an NRL player.....He did the crime got caught, sat out his time...Good luck to him and well done on 300 games in the NRL. 

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 10/04/2024 at 13:54, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Seems like Robinson has gone down the same line of defence that the supporters of a certain US property developer and politician have with...

"It’s not disrespectful to women because there has been no judgement when it comes to a criminal case in that way"

I like Robinson and he is perfectly entitled to say that Jennings has been punished and is entitled to get on with his life but to suggest that a civil liability is not a benchmark and a criminal case is needed is wide of the mark for me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris