Trinity at Mount

Look where Joe Burton played for Hunslet; top scorer at centre....if Mitsias isn't fit why bring him 11,000 miles? Are we paying him a contract to get him fit for somebody else ie fit enough to be sent to Cas A on DR!!

4 minutes ago, phildog said:

Look where Joe Burton played for Hunslet; top scorer at centre....if Mitsias isn't fit why bring him 11,000 miles? Are we paying him a contract to get him fit for somebody else ie fit enough to be sent to Cas A on DR!!

Hunslet in the semi amateur league is totally different than Professional championship 

today he outsmarted Olpherts with jumping style - he’s a winger and ask the coach or club Phil about Mitsias 

today we were brilliant and we scored two good tries 

no ball for 75% of the game in the second half killed us, Gledhill sin binned so we were down to 12 

a stronger referee and we’d of been okay - they weren’t as a good as Leigh 2022 

Agreed KTF I didn't think they are owt special, a full time outfit with a parachute payment should have had us out of sight in the first half.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LINNERS said:

From memory,  I've never seen us play against Wakey. Quite bizarre when you think about how small the pool of clubs that play professional rugby league is.

it was a closed shop 

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

12 hours ago, phildog said:

The whole point in sending Mitsias to Cas is to get him match fit. I think if we didn't then when we need him he wouldn't be up to the task. Joe Burton is a winger, he has speed and footwork but not the size or defensive prowess for a centre in this division.

What a game yesterday. I thought we were in for a right hiding after the first 10 mins! But we pulled it back and really took it to them. Wakeys ruck speed was way faster than ours but once we slowed that area we were competitive. Disappointed that we didn't get anything from the 2nd half, but that was down to lack of possession, in part to strange ref decisions and errors/discipline (borne out of frustration of the ref I think). Some super human efforts by our lads. Proud of them.

Just gone back over Trin's league record; of their away games we're the highest scorers against them and the 2nd best in points difference in a game in any of their games and 1 of onky 2 whk stopoed them posting 40+ poknts.The hope seemed to be to keep 'em to 20, we did that and a bit more by the sounds. Kick on time.

Lol should have brought them all over then the gate would have been over 3K. You really missed a good match.

Edited by RogerT