The NRL Round 7 Thread

Another round in which tipsters are confounded by teams blowing hot and cold from week to week and the Bunker intervening to alter the momentum in games.

Almost every contest in this round could be called either way.

Sydney Roosters v Melbourne Storm

Big time match up between two sides almost at full strength. Another contenders or prtetenders game for both clubs  Golden point anyone?

St George-Illawarra v New Zealand Warriors

Normally I would be loathe to go against the Dragons at the 'gong but for the Warriors the journey there is less fraught than it would be for an Australian side in that all games in Australia involve crossing "the ditch". If the Warriors get on a roll they are hard to stop. Kiws win at WIN?

Paramatta Eels v Dolphins

If you take out the Canberra game then Paramatta have been resilient if not inspiring winning games that by statistics they should have lost. They are up against the Dolphins who even in defeat last week demonstrated that they can point on points quickly. Fins make a spash ?

Penrith Panthers v West Tigers

Not the forgone conclusion you might think. Wests have Lachlan Galvin and John Bateman back and last season when the game was also up country. Wests won in rainy conditions. This West Tigers team is an improvement on last season. - Panthers chances go West ?

Gold Coast Titans v Manly Sea Eagles

Sorry Titans fans but this game to me is about which Manly side turns up, with the Sea Eagles being a side that plays hot and cold week to week. - Sea Eagles win in "Des Haesler Bowl" ?

Brisbane Broncos v Canberra Raiders

The Bronx at home is a difficult prospect for Ricky's Raiders who struggled to put away the Gold Coast. Of course the way this season has gone you would think a Raiders win nailed on but I am not of that view - Bronx repel Raiders

Canterbury Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights

The Dogs are one of the most improved sides this season narrowly losing out to the Storm in Melbourne wheras the Knights lost narrowly too but to a depleted Roosters side at Home. If the focus was not on the Souffs saga perhaps some might be questioning if the Knights now have buyers regret over extending Adam O'Brien's contract ? - Dogs bite Back ?

Cronulla Sharks v North Queensland Cowboys

Another contenders or pretenders game at Shark Park between two sides that IMO lack Killer instinct and have both stood still over the off season. The swing factor here is the Cows away from home at Woolooware which should make the difference - Sharkanado ?

• Like 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

JWH lucky to get away with that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Big but fair from Katoa on Keary.

Tupou was pulled back after chipping through though. Should have been a pen to the Chooks IMO.

Edited by StandOffHalf

Minimal effect from NAS but he did go in and lend weight momentarily.

I don't think he disadvantaged any defender, but under the new guidance that probably should have been a Chooks pen.

Melbourne holding the line well under several consecutive sets of pressure, but the Roosters didn't look like they had too many ideas.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Spotty Herbert said:

Roosters need to get the ball to Manu more often. Maybe he should go to 6?

Good idea. The forwards and defence looks good for the Chooks but they lack bite in attack. Manu needs to get on the ball and make stuff happen.

Munster brainfart!

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dumb from Munster, who was obviously cross at the no interference call.

Nice step and straighten by Manu to put Radley over, but the ball was called back. Correct call, but the step was lovely stuff. Chooks need more of that, but they are sticking in this.

Manu in at the corner! Not an easy conversion to equalise, though.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joseph Sua'ali'i set up the try, and his conversion makes it 12 all. Good work all round, there.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Manu over in the corner over the bat-back from Sua'ali.

Smashing side-line conversion from the union-bound winger as well, to bring it level. Set up for a cracking finish here.

Teddy should have been off for an early bath with that trip on the Melbourne catcher.

Knock-on by the Chooks, but surely Melbourne took their advantage. Klein gives them back the ball, contentiously.

Coates' long arm stretches out to put the Storm back in front.

Ralph Waldo Emerson