Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Matt King To Warrington

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#81 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(Homer @ Jul 9 2007, 01:20 PM) View Post
Morley has proved this season that he is all washed up.

No go forward, awful tackling technique, what more can I say.

Open both eyes.

He was the best player on the pitch by a country mile yesterday according to GMR. He put in a tackle on Crabtree which resulted in the big man staying in the dressing room for the second half.

Signs there, you have to agree, that he might be finding a bit of the form he showed in Oz.

#82 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Saint Toppy @ Jul 9 2007, 01:19 PM) View Post
In signing King have Warrington now decided not to waste their money on Sculthorpe ?

He's so far refused to sign a reduced contract at Saints and Warrington were one of the few other clubs that could afford him under the cap for next year.

I would like to think we are giving scully a miss. He has been a good servant to saints, having started out at wires,but re-signing him would be a bad move and a step back in my opinion.

#83 Brian St Helens

Brian St Helens
  • Coach
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(Wolfwire @ Jul 9 2007, 01:31 PM) View Post
Eorl Crabtree is still trying to open both eyes after yesterday! rolleyes.gif

Finally he gets 1 right then after his 2 cock ups with Fozzard & O'carroll rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

#84 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(Brian St Helens @ Jul 9 2007, 01:42 PM) View Post
Finally he gets 1 right then after his 2 cock ups with Fozzard & O'carroll rolleyes.gif

Apparently the rest of the Hudds players wouldn't run at him after the tackle on Crabtree! Fozzard and O'Carroll next! biggrin.gif

By the way I love the persil ad. Bri! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#85 Brian St Helens

Brian St Helens
  • Coach
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(Wolfwire @ Jul 9 2007, 01:48 PM) View Post
Apparently the rest of the Hudds players wouldn't run at him after the tackle on Crabtree! Fozzard and O'Carroll next! biggrin.gif

By the way I love the persil ad. Bri! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Fozzard would run at him all day look at the game V the pies at the jjb this season 2nd half he was hit 3/4 times with head high shots by Fletcher/Hock and Loughlin which resulted in penalties and a fair bit of nose/mouth claret ,Foz just kept running at them.

Should have been in the gb squad
Posted Image

#86 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Brian St Helens @ Jul 9 2007, 02:02 PM) View Post
Fozzard would run at him all day look at the game V the pies at the jjb this season 2nd half he was hit 3/4 times with head high shots by Fletcher/Hock and Loughlin which resulted in penalties and a fair bit of nose/mouth claret ,Foz just kept running at them.

Should have been in the gb squad

Fozzard next it is then. By the way, Morley's challenge was legal,and left Crabtree unable to continue after half time.

So it's Nick(i'm gonna stick my padded arm in your face)Fozzard next then is it Bri?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#87 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

So, all that money for one tackle?

Looks like a bargain to me.

rolleyes.gif

#88 Karl Carpenter

Karl Carpenter
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(The Captain @ Jul 9 2007, 10:52 AM) View Post
Morley isn't washed up.

His time at Warrington has got off to a poor start thanks to him trying too hard, and picking up his facial injury as a result. He will come good and lead from the front.

Not too sure about the King signing. Doesn't seem to be the sort of player a side can be built around, and who will put the 'wind' up the opposition.

Think it's a case of not only keeping up with, but beating the 'bigger' clubs in splashing the cash.

Still, if it increases the already impressive attendances, it will pay for itself.

"His time at Warrington has got off to a poor start thanks to him trying too hard, and picking up his facial injury as a result." One way of describing Morley's disgraceful attempt to remove O'Carroll from the field and coming off the worse as a result!

#89 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Homer @ Jul 9 2007, 02:24 PM) View Post
So, all that money for one tackle?

Looks like a bargain to me.

rolleyes.gif

Well if you can(legally) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif spend money on a guy who is a top notch forward then why not?

It has taken Morley time to settle,with injuries playing a part,but maybe he is now hitting form? At the right time in the season too.

People have been saying 'waste of money','over the hill'etc since we signed him. Name me one team who wouldn't find a place in their side for him,given the chance? The fact that eleven super league clubs were chasing his signature when he announced he was coming home would suggest that he is still regarded as a quality forward by those in the know. wink.gif

#90 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(Wolfwire @ Jul 9 2007, 04:52 PM) View Post
Well if you can(legally) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif spend money on a guy who is a top notch forward then why not?

It has taken Morley time to settle,with injuries playing a part,but maybe he is now hitting form? At the right time in the season too.

People have been saying 'waste of money','over the hill'etc since we signed him. Name me one team who wouldn't find a place in their side for him,given the chance? The fact that eleven super league clubs were chasing his signature when he announced he was coming home would suggest that he is still regarded as a quality forward by those in the know. wink.gif

I would say that that is about the measure of it... money aside, he would get into ANY team in SL.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#91 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,850 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:35 PM

The fact that eleven super league clubs were chasing his signature when he announced he was coming home would suggest that he is still regarded as a quality forward by those in the know. wink.gif

Current GB International too. Use that 'un Wolf Boy......

#92 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:01 AM

From today's Herald Sun

RUGBY league great Allan Langer last night warned England-bound Matt King to pack a positive attitude for the 24-hour flight or risk developing homesickness.
Langer, who spent two seasons with Warrington, the club King will join on a lucrative four-year deal, said the Melbourne Storm star risked following in the footsteps of former Brisbane captain Kevin Walters if he didn't keep a positive outlook.
Walters, who captained the Broncos to their premiership triumph in 2000, lasted only a few weeks at Wolves in 2001.
He had joined the club at Langer's behest, despite announcing his retirement after Brisbane's grand final win.
''You need to take a positive attitude with you,'' Langer said yesterday. ''Kevvie Walters came over and didn't want to be there. He lasted a couple of weeks.''
King will confirm this afternoon that this will be his final season in the NRL. The 26-year-old representative centre had wanted to make the announcement yesterday.
He will join the Wolves at the end of the NRL season.
If King is getting cold feet, he shouldn't, according to former Brisbane, Queensland and Australian halfback Langer, who said the biggest regret of his career was not extending his stay at Warrington.
''To tell you the truth, I really enjoyed my two years there,'' Langer said. ''I was a bit hesitant moving to another country, another place.
''I'd always planned on being a one-club player but I've always regretted not staying over there longer.''
Langer said the intimate stadiums in England's north are capable of producing ''Origin-like'' atmospheres.

#93 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

Nonsense, he has been the biggest waste of money of 2007.

#94 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE(Homer @ Jul 10 2007, 09:03 AM) View Post

No, that would be a Wigan season ticket. You've all been robbed in daylight by your management.

#95 worldofglass1

worldofglass1
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Leeds Wire @ Jul 10 2007, 09:55 AM) View Post
No, that would be a Wigan season ticket. You've all been robbed in daylight by your management.

as a saints boy born/bred, nothing i like more than seeing wigan get beat, but they definitely got the indian sign on leeds, bit like leeds with saints....

#96 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(Homer @ Jul 10 2007, 09:03 AM) View Post

We are talking about Adrian Morley, not Stuart 'Ouch! Lee Radford just battered me' Fielden! rolleyes.gif

#97 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(Wolfwire @ Jul 10 2007, 02:32 PM) View Post
We are talking about Adrian Morley, not Stuart 'Ouch! Lee Radford just battered me' Fielden! rolleyes.gif

Fielden has played in 23 games this season, how many has Morley played.

Fielden also manages to stay on the pitch for 80 minutes in almost every game he plays, how long has Morley managed.

Next time I see him, I'll tell him you were calling him a big girl, as there is no chance of you ever doing it yourself.

#98 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

aahh, the old he's an 80 minute prop line...well yes, i suppose he is, but how effective is he over the 80mins these days...bradford obviously knew something...what i'd like to know is what made him join a team in a relegation fight rather than go and test himself in oz as he previously said he'd like to? the challenge?
foxes or poor people?

#99 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(Homer @ Jul 10 2007, 02:47 PM) View Post
Fielden has played in 23 games this season, how many has Morley played.

Fielden also manages to stay on the pitch for 80 minutes in almost every game he plays, how long has Morley managed.

Next time I see him, I'll tell him you were calling him a big girl, as there is no chance of you ever doing it yourself.

"Ouch, Lee Radford just battered me". biggrin.gif Why not show him this messageboard? rolleyes.gif

#100 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

Details HERE about King's apparent motivation for moving.

He says that rumours of $700,000 AUS a year at Wire are way off the mark, but he will still earn a heck of a lot more than he did when he was on the bins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users