• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Nov 16 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well thats how its seen at Sky Sports, if you have a sport which has teams from all over the UK, its got to be better financially for them than having teams from the M62 corridor.

Yes, I bet they have sold thousands of dishes and monthly subcriptions on the back of Quins and Celtic being involved in Super League...... rolleyes.gif

#42 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (PJT @ Nov 16 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I bet they have sold thousands of dishes and monthly subcriptions on the back of Quins and Celtic being involved in Super League...... rolleyes.gif

Thats not what I said.

Cummins Out.

#43 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Nov 17 2009, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats not what I said.

Well tell me how Quins and Celtic being in Super League makes it better financially for Sky then?

#44 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (PJT @ Nov 17 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well tell me how Quins and Celtic being in Super League makes it better financially for Sky then?

Top men at Sky looking down at the list of sports they spend money on the broadcast, you see a sport which has clubs from across the M62 or a sport which has a London club and a club representing Wales, now its down to you to decide, someone who is just lookin at the budgets, which sport would be up for the chop?

Cummins Out.

#45 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,271 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

the one that doesn't pull in the income!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#46 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Nov 17 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Top men at Sky looking down at the list of sports they spend money on the broadcast, you see a sport which has clubs from across the M62 or a sport which has a London club and a club representing Wales, now its down to you to decide, someone who is just lookin at the budgets, which sport would be up for the chop?

Edited by Ricardo Taylor, 17 November 2009 - 07:09 PM.

#47 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Nov 17 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The one that doesn't bring home the bacon and make a decent return on your investment.

You still aren't saying why Quins and Crusaders being in Super League is better financially for Sky. If it isn't selling more dishes, boxes and monthly subscriptions, it must be something else? I'll have to presume you mean greater advertising revenues due to greater viewing figures of Quins and Crusaders being featured then? I wouldn't have thought that would be the case though.

#48 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (PJT @ Nov 17 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one that doesn't bring home the bacon and make a decent return on your investment.

You still aren't saying why Quins and Crusaders being in Super League is better financially for Sky. If it isn't selling more dishes, boxes and monthly subscriptions, it must be something else? I'll have to presume you mean greater advertising revenues due to greater viewing figures of Quins and Crusaders being featured then? I wouldn't have thought that would be the case though.

All im saying is, a nationwide competition would be a better selling point for Super League than a game restricted to the M62. Its not about Sky selling dishes, its about the RFL selling broadcasting rights.

Cummins Out.

#49 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Nov 17 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All im saying is, a nationwide competition would be a better selling point for Super League than a game restricted to the M62. Its not about Sky selling dishes, its about the RFL selling broadcasting rights.

Yes exactly, I know that!

But you said the nationwide game would be/ is better financially for Sky, you still haven't said why?

Edited by PJT, 18 November 2009 - 08:53 AM.

#50 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (PJT @ Nov 18 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But you said the nationwide game would be/ is better financially for Sky, you still haven't said why?

rolleyes.gif

Cummins Out.

#51 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (PJT @ Nov 18 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My bet is the inclusion of Quins and Celtic hasn't increased sales for sky that much. Viewing figures for SL are not that great anyway. They are often less than 1 million or about the viewing figures for Channel 4s ailing Countdown.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#52 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Nov 18 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont agree, people down south and the Midlands dont care much for RL, not enough to make them go out and buy a sky dish anyway. Ask yourself which game would get the most viewers / potential sky sports subscribers Celtic V Harlequins or Fev V Cas. Id like to bet Fev V Cas would win hands down

#53 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

SKY IS MURDOCH, THE SUN NEWSPAPER IS MURDOCH, MURDOCH IS THE DEVIL INCARNATE, OR HAS EVERYONE FORGOT THE LIES HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR IN 1984! HE DESTROYED TOWNS LIKE FEATHERSTONE THEN, AND HE DESTROYED CLUBS LIKE FEATHERSTONE ROVERS IN 1995. SINCE THEN SKY HAS BEEN THE MAJOR FACTOR IN TAKING THE GAME AWAY FROM SUPPORTERS IN FAVOUR OF THE MEN IN SUITS.

#54 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,271 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

I think my dad must've had a bike Steve!! laugh.gif

Edited by Robin Evans, 23 November 2009 - 06:06 PM.

#55 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:31 AM

I also despise everything to do with SKY because they have ruined a wonderful summer of Ashes cricket by taking it off terrestrial TV. The game took off in popularity after the 2005 Ashes. Sky might have brought more money to the game one one hand but I bet the sponsorship and endorsements will be down on 2005?

#56 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Steve Slater @ Nov 23 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SKY IS MURDOCH, THE SUN NEWSPAPER IS MURDOCH, MURDOCH IS THE DEVIL INCARNATE, OR HAS EVERYONE FORGOT THE LIES HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR IN 1984! HE DESTROYED TOWNS LIKE FEATHERSTONE THEN, AND HE DESTROYED CLUBS LIKE FEATHERSTONE ROVERS IN 1995. SINCE THEN SKY HAS BEEN THE MAJOR FACTOR IN TAKING THE GAME AWAY FROM SUPPORTERS IN FAVOUR OF THE MEN IN SUITS.

Are you saying you don't think much of Murdoch?
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#57 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,271 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:19 PM

i take some comfort in steve's comments. At least now i don't feel so alone. I know oldrover won't do sky either, so i'm sort of happy in my grumpyness about sky now!

#58 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Nov 24 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i take some comfort in steve's comments. At least now i don't feel so alone. I know oldrover won't do sky either, so i'm sort of happy in my grumpyness about sky now!

selective grumpyness tho rob eh wink.gif

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#59 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,271 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

well of course it's selective grumpyness! I can't be grumpy about everything all the time!!

#60 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Nov 24 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well of course it's selective grumpyness! I can't be grumpy about everything all the time!!

i've seen you when you've been feeling grumpy. you got kicked out of the pantomime.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users