The Blue Lagoon Rescue Fund

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:39 AM

Gary, It's not much but Sue and I will put 20 in a pot to help get the 'Lagoon terrace' made up again and I'm sure that together we can get a few bodies in to rebuild it. It was a real asset to the ground.

Edited by Vic Johnson, 17 December 2009 - 06:55 AM.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#2 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Dec 17 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gary, It's not much but Sue and I will put 20 in a pot to help get the 'Lagoon terrace' made up again and I'm sure that together we can get a few bodies in to rebuild it. It was a real asset to the ground.

Agreed - All the money raised through easyfundraising will go to the BL. 15.46 so far.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#3 SCOTTY

SCOTTY
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

Dont Get to many games.But when I do I like a drink in the Blue Lagoon. Where do I send a cheque and who do I make it payable to.
The truth is out there?

#4 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

I would donate as well, but is there any point, because they will just wreck it again

#5 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Dec 17 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would donate as well, but is there any point, because they will just wreck it again

My thoughts too Dave. It's a sad state of affairs when you cant have anything pleasing to the eye anymore for fear of it getting wrecked by brain dead no hopers! A few old railway sleepers would be the best way forward but they burn like the devil. Whatever is put in they will find a way to wreck it as their brains can't see beyond that.
I've never understood this mentality where they only seem happy when they are making somone sad by their actions. It's the only power they hold as they will never be anything in their lives except the #### they are!

#6 BKO

BKO
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:46 PM

If people are wanting to donate, why not donate to a security camera then when they come again they will be on camera and then action can be taken against the scumbags

#7 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (BKO @ Dec 17 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If people are wanting to donate, why not donate to a security camera then when they come again they will be on camera and then action can be taken against the scumbags

BKO - I like this idea.

Gary,

Is it worth discussing this with Andy Prout? And getting a donation box on the BL bar? Also put me down for 20.
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#8 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

A couple of Rotweilers would be my choice!

#9 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Mick H @ Dec 17 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure if 2 Cas lasses would want to come to Fev laugh.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#10 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Mick H @ Dec 17 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll see if my mate next door can get cctv equipment and fit it cheap, it's his job and a bit of side work might help him and the club out
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#11 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

IMO raising the money and man power to repair the beer garden is not a problem. The real question is will it be worth re-instating if the same #### are gonna come back and trash it again.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#12 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Dec 17 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO raising the money and man power to repair the beer garden is not a problem. The real question is will it be worth re-instating if the same #### are gonna come back and trash it again.

As soon as you choose to give in to them then they have won. Surely we are stronger than that. 'We'll fight them on the beaches' etc.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#13 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Dec 17 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As soon as you choose to give in to them then they have won. Surely we are stronger than that. 'We'll fight them on the beaches' etc.

Didn't say i chose to give in, i was asking the question, is it worth doing again? The fight them on the beaches bit is ok but when these #### turn up there will be no one there to fight them.
The Blue Lagoon has been broken into twice in the past. The first time it was trashed, we didn't give in then.

#14 JasonNorth

JasonNorth
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (DMS @ Dec 17 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't say i chose to give in, i was asking the question, is it worth doing again? The fight them on the beaches bit is ok but when these #### turn up there will be no one there to fight them.
The Blue Lagoon has been broken into twice in the past. The first time it was trashed, we didn't give in then.

I say we keep fighting them!! tongue.gif

Each time you have a knock back use it as a way that helps you look at ways of improving the situation.

What can we all do different this time. I.e. Different approaches to security. Also take the positives and not dwell on the negatives in life.

Every cloud has a silver lining biggrin.gif

(You can derive some benefit from every bad thing that happens to you. (You can also refer to the silver lining of a particular cloud, the benefit you can derive from a particular misfortune.)

#15 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

I would suspect the culprits are regular visitors to the stadium so an occasional patrol would soon pay off.
The police will act if they get info.Unfortunately they can't be in two places at once and I suspect it isn't high on their priorities, however in my dealings with them they won't just ignore it.

#16 THE PIMPERNEL

THE PIMPERNEL
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

Surely in a village as small as yours, you can find out who did it by consulting the local grapevine and then informing the police.

#17 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

But "the word on the street" is often so very wrong. That's why the criminal justice system requires proof beyond all reasonable doubt!!

I'd like to see an effort made to re-try the garden area, but I can understand a reluctance to engage in that persuit given the seemingly uncontrolled behaviour of the local halfwit populus! It's difficult to put into any kind of words what my feelings actually are without stepping over the line of decency. Little sh1tz!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#18 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

Great words Jason but you don't offer one workable solution to this problem. There is nothing negative about the question i raised, just a realistic knowledge that to continue re-building something for it just to be trashed repeatedly is throwing money down a black hole.

Phil, sorry mate but we tried that with the police before. The Blue Lagon comes pretty low in their list of priorities and the odd patrol won't deter these ####, they have no fear of the police. Fear of being caught maybe but all they will do is leg it when they arrive and come back another time.

Pimpernel, this is an interesting point, the first time we were broken into it was the grapevine that led us to the culprit. I do think that eventually the #### who did this will become known to us. But with no proof what can you do. And yes i know some will say take them for a ride and beat them to within an inch of their worthless lives, but that's illegal. Fair, but still illegal.
Oh and by the way i personally think the garden should be re-built. So when it is my names top of the list to help.

#19 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Dec 18 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great words Jason but you don't offer one workable solution to this problem. There is nothing negative about the question i raised, just a realistic knowledge that to continue re-building something for it just to be trashed repeatedly is throwing money down a black hole.

Phil, sorry mate but we tried that with the police before. The Blue Lagon comes pretty low in their list of priorities and the odd patrol won't deter these ####, they have no fear of the police. Fear of being caught maybe but all they will do is leg it when they arrive and come back another time.

Pimpernel, this is an interesting point, the first time we were broken into it was the grapevine that led us to the culprit. I do think that eventually the #### who did this will become known to us. But with no proof what can you do. And yes i know some will say take them for a ride and beat them to within an inch of their worthless lives, but that's illegal. Fair, but still illegal.
Oh and by the way i personally think the garden should be re-built. So when it is my names top of the list to help.

Some years ago when my kids were small I had our sledge stolen. It was a good sledge and worth a bob or two. I went to where the usual villians hang out and offered the 'big guy' a personal reward for the name of the culprit and the return of the sledge. I got both. Somebody will know who did it. Offer a free pint per home game or something on the basis that the ground is left alone. You say that nothing will work. So you go the villains den and negotiate. Protection money? Get the leader on your side and forget it. It is cheaper believe me. Giving in to the villians? No, using common sense and getting just getting the important one on your side. When he feels important he will do more for the club that it costs. Might go against the grain, a suggestion such as this but it is a solution.

#20 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (jamescolin @ Dec 18 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some years ago when my kids were small I had our sledge stolen. It was a good sledge and worth a bob or two. I went to where the usual villians hang out and offered the 'big guy' a personal reward for the name of the culprit and the return of the sledge. I got both. Somebody will know who did it. Offer a free pint per home game or something on the basis that the ground is left alone. You say that nothing will work. So you go the villains den and negotiate. Protection money? Get the leader on your side and forget it. It is cheaper believe me. Giving in to the villians? No, using common sense and getting just getting the important one on your side. When he feels important he will do more for the club that it costs. Might go against the grain, a suggestion such as this but it is a solution.

jamescolin, you've been watching too many Bronson films mate. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users